Tartar is a mineral deposit that gets stuck in your teeth overtime. If tartar is ignored for a long period of time, it may lead to periodontitis due to the lack of oral hygiene. If you are looking to remove tartar using home-based cheaper methods, then this article is for you.
Tartar is also called calculus and is usually formed above or below the gum line. Tartar is usually rough and porous and can lead to receding gums or a gum disease. Tartar also creates difficulty in brushing and can lead to cavities or tooth decay.
You will require baking soda, a toothbrush, hydrogen peroxide, an antiseptic mouth wash, salt, cup, water and a dental pick.
Baking soda is one of the most effective tools in removing the plaque or tartar. It also helps in supporting a more alkaline oral pH and thus makes the environment of our mouth healthier. It also helps in lowering the population of bad bacteria in the mouth. Baking soda is naturally antimicrobial in nature.
- Mix one cup of baking soda with half a spoon of salt.
- Take the toothbrush and clean it with water
- Dip the toothbrush into the mixture and scrub it on your teeth for five minutes.
- Later, mix a cup full of hydrogen peroxide with half a cup of warm water.
- Rinse the mouth with this mixture for one minute.
- After this procedure, use a dental pick to rub the tartar on the teeth.
- While doing this, be careful not to hurt the gums.
- After this, rinse your mouth with an antiseptic mouth wash.
- Repeat this procedure every alternate day.
Baking soda is one of the most inexpensive ways to remove tartar and also is the best remedy. It acts like a bleach and has effective results against dental decay and cavity formation. Baking soda can also be used for whitening the teeth.