Headache is a common problem for all of us. Be it a loud music or a motormouth boss in the office or just skipping the morning cup of tea, there is no dearth of reasons to have a headache.
Sometimes, a cup of caffeine helps in getting rid of the problem; but, at other times, we need to take medicines. However, it is not right to take medicines to get an instant relief as we often do.
In such a case, go for these 6 natural remedies that are found in your home to get relief from the nagging headache:
1. Ginger: It gives instant relief from headache. It reduces inflammation of the blood vessels in the head, reducing pain. Ginger is also good in stimulating digestion, which kills nausea caused by migraine. Drink ginger tea or ginger and lemon juice.
2. Peppermint Oil: Breathe in the scent of peppermint oil in a closed room. That apart, you can also mix three drops of peppermint oil in a tablespoon of almond oil and massage the back of your neck with the mixture. Drink peppermint tea mixed with a few drops of honey.
3. Apple: Yes, apple or apple cider vinegar helps in fighting off a headache. Mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with the same amount of water and boil it. Inhale the steam after covering your head with a cloth. Eating an apple sprinkled with salt or drinking a mixture of two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and honey also helps in reducing headaches.
4. Cloves: Cloves have pain-relieving properties. Crush a few cloves and put them in a clean cloth and inhale the smell when you are having a headache. Also, massage your forehead after putting a few drops of clove oil in a tablespoon of coconut oil and salt.
5. Lavender Oil: Inhaling the fragrance of lavender oil or the steam of it mixed with boiling water will treat your headache well. Besides, mixing a few drops of lavender oil into almond or olive oil and massaging the forehead also helps.
6. Cinnamon: Make a paste of cinnamon powder and water, and apply it on to your forehead. Clean it with lukewarm water after some time.
Other Means To Reduce Headache:
• Exercising will also help in reducing the intensity of your headache. Moving the chin up and downwards and left and right and bending the neck sideways towards the shoulders can help you get relief.
• Use Ice: Using an ice pack compression on the back of your neck can also give relief from the headache. The cold gives relief from inflammation.
• Use Hot Water: If you dip your toes in hot water with a bit of mustard powder in it, it can also do wonders in reducing your headache.