Methi or fenugreek is a natural ingredient that has a number of benefits for our health like controlling blood pressure and keeping diabetes under check, besides reducing weight.
Galactomannan, a heteropolysaccharide which is water soluble and found in methi seeds, helps in curbing appetite and makes you feel full and in the process aids you in reducing weight by stopping intake of extra calories.
Here's how methi is known to aid in the process of weight loss, take a look:
• The galactomannan in methi helps in breaking down the fat and sugar metabolism, and this leads to burning of the calories and the extra layers of fat.
• It curbs hunger by giving a feeling a fullness.
• The healthy carbohydrate content in methi prevents weight gain.
• The fibre in methi helps in overcoming problems of constipation and improves the body's metabolic rate. This leads to burning of fat, especially in the abdominal region.
How To Consume Methi Seeds For Reducing Weight:
1. Warm Methi Seeds: Crush warm fenugreek seeds in a grinder to make a fine powder and swallow it with warm water on an empty stomach every morning. The powder can also be taken in curries.
2. Methi Seed Sprouts: These are very rich in several vitamins and minerals. Have these sprouts early in the morning on an empty stomach and you can see the difference in your weight. How to grow the sprouts at home? It's quite easy. Take a clean cloth and soak it in water. Place methi seeds in it and use a heavy object to press them. Keep it for three nights and remove the object and allow the sprouts to grow. You can consume them after they have a considerable growth.
3. Methi Soaked In Water: Soak a handful of methi seeds in a glass of water and keep them soaked overnight. Filter the water the next morning and chew the seeds on an empty stomach. This will make you feel full for the entire day and decrease the appetite and consequently, you will eat less and consume less calories.
4. Methi And Honey: A herbal weight-reduction combination, methi seeds and honey tea can be taken regularly to see the effects. Add honey and lemon juice to the cup of herbal tea that you prepare with crushed methi seeds. Have this tea every morning.
5. Methi Tea: Methi tea is a super ingredient that helps your health in many ways, besides of course reducing weight. It helps in a proper digestion and control of blood pressure. Add cinnamon and ginger to the methi tea that you prepare after grinding the seeds in a stone mortar or grinder with a little amount of water.