Carbonated drinks are bad for our health because they have a number of ill-effects. However, there are healthy alternatives to these drinks; and a lot of people are now preferring to have healthy drinks to have a healthy body and mind.
One such health drink is fresh ginger and carrot juice, which can be prepared at home with readily available ingredients. Both ginger and carrots are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants that act as perfect allies for our body.
Here are five benefits of drinking fresh carrot and ginger juice daily:
1. Good For The Heart: The antioxidant and cleansing properties in carrots and gingers promote cardiovascular health. Besides the beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and lutein in carrots reduce the risk of heart attack, while the potassium content in them lowers the blood pressure. Ginger also reduces the cholesterol level and regulates blood pressure.
2. Improves Immunity: This homemade juice helps in improving the immunity of both adults and children. Vitamins A and C in carrots are good for the blood cells, while ginger's antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties boost immunity. They also detoxify the body, which is another way of improving the body's immunity.
3. Cures Diabetes: Antioxidant-rich carrot and ginger juice should be taken regularly to keep diabetes at bay. Ginger lowers the blood sugar level and improves the efficiency of insulin and reduces complications associated with diabetes. Carrots are also good for diabetic patients, since they are low-glycaemic vegetables, while carotenoids help in regulating blood sugar.
4. Betters The Skin Health: The carrot and ginger juice is an excellent mixture for healthy skin. Carrots contain beta-carotene, which improves the health of the skin. Ginger also has antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that improve the skin's texture. The antioxidants also repair damaged skin.
5. Curbs Cancer Risk: Fresh carrot and ginger juice protects us against various types of cancer. Carrot can combat and guard against ovarian, colorectal, lung, breast and other types of cancers, and ginger is particularly helpful in arresting the spread of cancer cells.
How To Make Ginger & Carrot Juice:
• Take four to five carrots and half-inch ginger root; half a
lemon; some cinnamon and sea salt.
• Cut the carrots, wash and dry them.
• Remove the ginger roots' skin and wash it thoroughly.
• Put the carrot and ginger root pieces in a blender and prepare the juice.
• Pour the juice into a glass and squeeze half-cut lemon into the juice.
• Add some sea salt or cinnamon powder and drink the juice daily in the morning.