Winter is on the way and this is a time when dry and cracked lips can cause discomfort and also pain. Just like the skin on the other parts of the body, the skin on the lips also needs to be kept hydrated, especially during winter when our skin becomes dry.
There are, of course, ways to treat your chapped lips by means of various homemade ingredients; but it is also important to follow a good diet to ensure that your lips have a great health during winter.
Here are some dietary tips:
1. Drink enough water daily, so that your body doesn't get dehydrated.
2. Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants must be included in the diet to help the body get rid of harmful free radicals.
3. Vitamin A is particularly helpful for the skin's health, as it helps in repairing and maintaining the tissues. Apricots, milk products, etc., are healthy in this respect.
4. Vitamin B helps in retaining the skin's moisture. Food items like skim milk, red meat, fortified cereals, eggs, etc., can be taken to serve your lips' health.
5. Vitamin C in citrus fruits and vegetables also repairs the tissues. This vitamin raises the production of collagen, which helps us get healthy lips.
6. Vitamin E prevents wrinkles on the skin. Nuts, eggs and leafy vegetables are good sources of this vitamin, which also prevents dryness of the skin.
7. Avoid spicy, salted and hot foods during winter. These foods make your tongue frequently touch the lips that cause dryness and the consequent irritation.
Other Ingredients For Fuller Lips During Winter:
1. Paste of rose petals and milk applied on the lips.
2. Milk cream.
3. Use of coconut oil.
4. Castor oil.
5. Honey, which is a good moisturiser, as it improves chapped lips if applied twice or thrice in a day.
6. Applying a paste of sugar and honey on the lips.
Other Tips To Get Healthy Lips During Winter:
1. Avoid smoking in winter. Nothing will be greater if you can quit it forever.
2. Don't peel, lick or bite the lips. Licking the lips frequently takes out the moisture from the lips. Peeling or biting can make them bleed.
3. Use lip balm frequently.
4. Don't use products to which your lips are allergic to; for example, cosmetics or spicy food.