Recently, there have been an increasing number of people complaining of lower back pain or neck pain.
It isn't just the elderly, but young adults and teenagers too are slowly becoming victims of this rising lower back and neck pain.
Changing lifestyle and work style along with the lack of proper exercises are few among the causes of lower back and neck pain.
Also Read: Yoga Asana For Sciatica Pain
It starts off with a normal slight pain, but sometimes this pain gets so severe that it also affects the day-to-day activites of people.
So what do we do when we have this pain? The first thing we normally do is just pop in a painkiller or apply pain balm and spray. But all of these are just temporary solutions to the pain.
If you are looking out for a permanent solution, then yoga could be the best answer for such lower back and neck pain.
Yoga, an ancinet form of exercise is slowly gaining popularity across the globe. Some have been practising it for its health benefits, while some others are doing it for staying fit and fine.
Also Read: Yoga Asanas For Headache
Bharadvajasana is one simple yoga asana, which has innumerable health benefits and can be done by all, including beginners.
In case of such lower back and neck pain, Bharadvajasana is one of the best yoga asanas to be practised. Have a look at the step-wise procedure to perform Bharadvajasana.
Step-By-Step Procedue To Perform Bharadvajasana:
1. Sit on the floor and stretch your legs in front.
2. The arms should be rested on the sides.
3. Bend your knees and take it towards your hip.
4. The weight of your body should rest on your buttocks.
5. Stretch your spine and inhale.
6. Twist your upper trunk and exhale slowly.
7. Keep your one hand on the floor and other on the outer part of the thigh.
8. Slightly twist your backbone.
9. Turn your head and remain in the pose for about a minute.
10. Take a deep breath, exhale and then slowly come out of the pose.
11. Repeat the same with the other leg.
Other Benefits Of Bharadvajasana:
Helps those with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Helps get rid of sciatica pain.
Helps provide relief from stress.
Helps in digestion.
Helps in detoxification.
Helps get rid of spine, hips and shoulder pain.
Those having fluctuating blood pressure or headaches need to avoid Bharadvajasana. It is always better to practise these yoga asanas under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor.