Monsoon means rainy days at school; monsoon means hot tea with pakoras; and monsoon also means walking under one umbrella!
When it comes to enjoying a rainy day, all of us get so romantic and playful. From the ages of 8 to 80 years, monsoon brings happiness, nostalgia and joy. After roasting in the scorching sun in summer, the rain really brings a lot of comfort and peace.
So, is monsoon all over that good? Then, why do you have a runny nose? Why are you suffering from fever and cough? You can make monsoon the best time if you keep these common diseases at bay.
Yes, rainy season brings with it a lot of happiness, but it has several perils too. This is the time when the viruses and bacteria emerge. Also, this is the breeding time for insects and pests.
All these are some of the reasons for getting infected with diseases during the monsoon season. So, what are the best ways to avoid monsoon diseases?
You need to take precautions, so that you can enjoy the season. By having a look at the points mentioned below, you can protect yourself from the harmful effects of the monsoon season.
If you try simple home remedies, you can stay healthy and keep all the diseases away during the rainy season. Therefore, have a look at these essential tips.
1. Don't Get Wet In The Rain: No matter how much you like it, avoid getting drenched in rain. If you get wet in the rain, you become an easy target to certain diseases like cough, cold and fever. So, if you ever get wet in the rain, dry yourself thoroughly at the earliest.
2. Talk To A Doctor: If you're suffering from high fever or cough and cold, don't go in for self-diagnosis. Over-the-counter medicines often make the situation worse. Talk to your doctor and follow his/her suggestion. This is one of the best ways to avoid monsoon diseases.
3. Have Turmeric Milk: Are you suffering from a runny nose and sore throat? Is your nose clogged? Then, you can seek help to turmeric milk. To get a swift relief, heat the milk and add two spoons of turmeric powder in it. Have it warm.
4. Gargle With Salt Water: Throat pain gives you much irritation, right? It becomes difficult to eat or drink anything. Gargle with warm water in this case to get the best relief. If you add salt in it, then the pain will be relieved in a few days. Do this 3-4 times in a day.
5. Drink Boiled Water: Rainy season is the time of contracting water-borne diseases like jaundice, diarrhoea, etc. Never forget to drink boiled or filtered water. Children and aged persons are mainly the easiest targets of such diseases. Keep them protected by boiling or filtering the water.
6. Use A Mosquito Net: Rainy season means the breeding time of mosquitoes, flies and other insects. This is the time when diseases like malaria, dengue, etc, spread across a population. Hence, always use a mosquito net. Also, don't forget to use a mosquito repellant oil. This is how to protect yourself from monsoon diseases.
7. Maintain Personal Hygiene: The viruses and bacteria are all around you. If you don't maintain hygiene, you will fall ill. Always wash your hands and feet once you reach home, if you're coming from outside and before eating. Make your children practise these good habits to keep them well during the rainy season.
8. Keep Your Surroundings Clean: Stagnant water is the breeding ground for mosquitoes. Avoid storing water. Also, keep your house and the surroundings clean. Besides, avoid street foods, as they can cause food poisoning during this time. These are the best ways to avoid monsoon diseases.
9. Don't Wear Wet Clothes: Monsoon is the season when you're prone to getting fungal infections. So, don't wear wet shoes and clothes. Try to wear materials that don't soak water. Carry an umbrella or a rain coat.
Hence, follow these tips and stay healthy and avoid getting infected by monsoon diseases.