Having sleek thighs as well as hips is what every woman aspires to have. But due to changes in lifestyle and poor food habits, majority of the people are gaining excess weight, especially around the hips and thighs. There are certain cases which are hereditary as well.
Due to poor lifestyles, fats get deposited around the hips and thighs. Many people resort to dieting, exercises and changes in lifestyle but these do not yield the result as desired. Hence, the best way to lose weight and fat from hips and thighs is to practise yoga.
Also Read: Yoga To Improve Digestion
There are several yoga asanas which are good for losing weight, but there is this one Anantasana which helps to lose weight and fat from around the hips and thighs.
Continuous practice of Anantasana which is also known as Side Reclining Leg Lift not just helps to lose weight from the hips and thighs but also prevents the fats from getting deposited.
Also Read: Yoga To improve Blood Circulation
The word Anantasana comes from the Sanskrit words 'Ananta' which means infinite and 'Asana' which means pose. This asana might seem simple but requires a lot of balance initally. However, with continuous practise, it becomes easier.
Here is the step-wise procedure to perform Anantasana. Have a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Anantasana:
1. To begin with, lie down flat on the ground.
2. Slowly turn your body to your left.
3. The left foot should rest on the ground.
4. Lift your head and support it with your left hand.
5. Lift up your right leg and your right hand.
6. The right hand should be above your head.
7. The big toe of the right foot should be held by the fingers of your right hand.
8. The right leg should be stretched towards the ceiling.
9. Once you get the balance, take a deep breath.
10. Hold on to the position for a few seconds and then come out.
11. Repeat the same with another leg.
Other Benefits Of Anantasana:
It helps to make the spine and muscles flexible.
It helps to strengthen and tone the abdomen.
It helps in improving digestion.
It helps to strengthen the torso.
It helps to relieve stress.
It helps in curing hypertension.
It helps to cure arthritis.
It helps to strengthen the hamstrings.
Anantasana helps people to lose weight from the hips and thighs but there are certain groups of people who should practise it with caution. People who have pain in the neck and shoulders should avoid practising Anantasana. Yet another group of people like those having spondylitis and slip disc should practise only under the guidance of an expert yoga instructor.