Do you have a problem with hearing conversations in a noisy place? Do you feel that the volume of your television needs to be increased, even if others are saying it is not required? Well, there could be some problem developing in your ears' capacity.
There are several ways to maintain the health of your ears - like protecting them from exposure to noise and from infections.
But you can also do your ears a world of good by taking a balanced diet comprising of nutrients that serve our hearing capacity and prevent problems like loss of hearing.
Here are some superfoods/nutrients that can help improve your hearing capacity, take a look:
1. Vitamins C And E: These keep a check on the free radicals and improve our body's overall immunity, bettering the ears' capacity as well. Vegetables and fruits are good sources of these vitamins.
2. Folic Acid: If you are regularly consuming folic acid which has antioxidants, you reduce the risk of hearing loss by up to 20 per cent. Spinach, broccoli, beans, eggs, liver, asparagus, etc., are really helpful in this regard. Antioxidants reduce the number of free radicals in our body that are a threat to the nerve tissues in our inner ears. Don't ignore vegetables or you will hear less.
3. Omega-3 Fatty Acids And Vitamin D: Fishes like salmon, trout, sardines or tuna can be a good cure for hearing problems, thanks to the presence of Omega-3 fatty acids in them. Pull the fish's ears to see how fresh it is before you buy it and eat it at least twice in a week to improve your hearing capacity.
4. Magnesium: A true guard of your ears against noise-induced impairment, magnesium is found in broccoli, potatoes, bananas, etc. Bananas particularly are very helpful in maintaining a good hearing capacity.
5. Zinc: Dark chocolate, flax seeds, kidney beans, spinach, oysters, etc., are a great source of zinc, which can keep age-related problem of hearing loss at bay.
6. Bromelain: Unless you are allergic to pineapples, you can trust this food to reduce the problem of ringing in the ears, if you have it. The bromelain enzyme found in the stem of pineapples can reduce inflammation throughout the body. The vitamins in pineapples are also healthy for your body.