Metabolism rate is the rate at which your body burns calories.
There are various factors that play a role in determining the metabolism rate. Factors like genes, age, gender, etc, that are not under our control.
It is the rate at which your body processes the food you eat. In order to lose weight, it is highly crucial to increase the metabolism rate.
For decades, people have relied on simple strategies to increase the metabolism rate. These strategies include incorporating metabolism boosting food in the diet and bringing simple changes in the lifestyle.
If you search online, you'll find several bizarre ways to boost metabolism rate, most of them would turn out to be futile.
So, to make things easier for you, we've compiled a list of the 5 best and most effective ways to increase metabolism rate.
Have a look at these:
1. Drink Water - This is one of the scientifically proven ways of increasing metabolism rate. Drinking plenty of water will keep you well hydrated and help you burn fat effectively.
2. Build Muscle - One of the best ways to boost metabolism is to amp up your workout. Specially, high intensity interval training, aerobics, zumba will turn you into a calorie-burning machine.
3. Get Quality Sleep -Getting quality sleep is highly important. Several studies prove that there is a link between sleep and metabolism. It turns out, that people who don't get enough sleep have slower metabolism rate. This is undoubtedly one of the easiest ways to boost metabolism.
4. Eat Protein-Rich Food - Protein-rich food is known to have a huge impact on the body-fat percentage. Have fish, eggs, oatmeal, grapefruit to boost your metabolism.
5. Drink Green Tea - Green tea is calorie-free and packed with antioxidants. According to a few studies, green tea speeds up fat oxidation and raises metabolism rate.