Have you heard of the well known and 'safe to use' electronic cigarettes? This electronic cigarettes which is considered a healthy option for smokers is now considered to be a threat! This electronic cigarettes has grabbed the attention of countless tobacco users from around the world. But are they really safe to use and healthier than a normal cigarette bud? Experts say that this cheaper alternative to a traditional cigarettes has a number of side effects to one's lungs when compared to that of the traditional cigarette.
It is said that with the help of these electronic cigarettes one can enjoy a cheaper and healthier cigarette which has no bad smells, second-hand smoke and no cancer causing chemicals. But are these facts really true?
These electronic cigarettes which are battery operated devices have been developed as an alternative to your traditional cigarettes. They are made up of a heater, battery and a cartridge which contains a solution of propylene glycol, nicotine and some other various chemicals. The electronic cigarettes thus gives the smoker an effect of nicotine intake without delivering the toxic elements which is tobacco, carbon monoxide and tar which is said to harm the lungs. With the use of electronic cigarettes a smoker does not have bad breath nor suffers from the yellowing of teeth.
These electronic cigarettes which is seen by many as a healthy option of tobacco smoking, does have some side effects which is not healthy for the lungs. Lets take a look at some of the ill effects of electronic cigarette.
- The use of electronic cigarettes can cause damage to the lungs. The reason being that when a smoker uses the e-cigarette he/ she exhales the vapour instead of smoke which is not good for the lungs as it leads to a problems in lung functioning.
- One is not aware as to how much nicotine is present in an e-cigarette. Consumers of e-cigarette products currently have no way of knowing whether e-cigarettes are safe or not! However, one should know that an electronic cigarette does not contain those harmful chemicals which is usually found in a traditional cigarette.
- It is said that smoking electronic cigarettes will not give you cancer. But the ill effects of electronic cigarettes is that they provide to greater affects like that of heart diseases, heart attacks and other ailments. An electronic cigarettes contains cancer-causing compounds like nitrosamines. Experts say that if this e-cigarette accidentally breaks, one is exposed to these harmful components.
- The other ill effects of an electronic cigarette is that these cigarettes contain an anti-freeze component which is called as diethylene glycol. It is a toxic to humans and can cause health worries when it comes to inhalation. This is one of the biggest and major ill effects of electronic cigarette.
- An E-cigarettes also consists of Tetramethylpyrazine. One who involves in a prolonged exposure to Tetramethylpyrazine can lead to brain damage. Therefore, it is best to avoid the use of the electronic cigarette.
So you see that though an electronic cigarette is said to be less dangerous compared to traditional cigarettes, it is still a threat to smokers.