Sleep habits (if they are bad) can double your chances of an untimely death. Most often we ignore a bad night's sleep saying you will make it up in the weekend but the stress of that untested night will continue to lie heavy on your eyelids. In winters, sleep becomes a even bigger problem because apparently, you are always sleepy and you simply cannot get enough sleep. There is a science behind all this that explains everything.
Most often you do not get the chance to sleep better because you do not know that your sleep habits are dangerous. The mechanism of sleep associated with your circadian rhythm is explained here and so are your winter sleep problems.
Why Our Sleep Habits Are Dangerous?
1. Your Body Clock: Has it ever happened to you that you wake up exactly at the time when sunlight is breaking dawn? It happens several times and we do not realise because we do not remember it when we finally wake with the alarm a few hours later. The body has something called the circadian rhythm that is connected to the rising setting of the sun. Our ancestor's were healthy because their bodies were better acquainted with the circadian rhythm of day and night. There were no electric lights so people woke up early and retired to bed after dark.
2. Winter Sleep: Your sleep during winters is a an important concept over here because during winters sunset happens earlier and the nights got longer. People retired to bed early tormented by the cold and darkness But now winter hardly makes any difference to our normal lifestyle.
3. Neon Lights And Sleep: It could actually be the neon life that is spoiling our sleep habits and making them dangerous in the modern urban life. Most of us still have to rise early because we have work to do that will pay the bills. But the difference is that electric and artificial lights have prolonged our hours of waking. An average working individual wakes at 7 and probably goes to bed by 11 pm. That causes undue stress for which you cannot makeup by sleeping on the weekends.
4. Melatonin Killed By Night Life: The so called happening thing called 'night life' destroys the melatonin in our bodies. Now melatonin is photosensitive chemical produced in our bodies to organise our sleep schedule. The more you stay under artificial blazing light (like the ones in night clubs) the lesser melatonin you will have. That will make you sleep habits dangerously unhealthy.
5. Everybody Has A Dark Side: Darkness is your best friend when it comes sleeping better. If you sleep with the night lamp on then don't. Try lose yourself in the dark delight of sleeping.
Use these good health tips to avoid dangerous sleep habits.