Red itchy eyes can be caused due to many reasons such as dust, allergy, cold, wind or sun exposure and cosmetics to name a few. Eye burn can make it really difficult to work and sometimes tears can start coming out due to the inflammation. To get rid of red itchy eyes, try these home remedies.
Home remedies to cure red itchy eyes:
1. Stop rubbing your itchy eyes. You cause more inflammation after rubbing it. Rubbing the eye generally pushes the allergens deeper in the eyes therefore increasing the problem.
2. Wash your eyes with rose water. It is one of the most preferred home remedies to cure red itchy eyes. Wash your eyes twice or thrice with rose water everyday to give a cooling and soothing effect on the eyes.
3. To cure itchy eyes and reduce burn, just put cold cucumber slices. Cold cucumber slices provide a cooling and soothing effect to the eyes. Cucumbers contain anti-irritation properties which reduce inflammation, puffiness, swelling and irritation in the eyes.
4. Cut two slices of a raw potato and put it on the eyes. For best results, use chilled raw potato slices to feel relaxed and also get rid of red itchy eyes.
5. Always wash your eyes with fresh and clean water after coming from outside. Dust particles and pollution are common causes behind red itchy eyes.
6. Milk is one of the natural remedies to cure red itchy eyes. Dab a cotton ball in milk and rub around the eyes. You can also place it on the eyes to get a colling effect.
7. Eyes are sensitive and when you are on your computer, the irritation increases. When you have watery or itchy eyes, avoid using computer or laptop. Even if you use, take breaks at short intervals to relax the eyes.
8. Contact lens increase eye burn as it dries the retina. Limit the usage of contact lens and prefer wearing spectacles. Glasses also protect the eyes from irritation due to computer.
These are few home remedies to cure red itchy eyes. To get rid of the problem, always keep your eyes clean and when a dust particle enters the eye, use a eye drop to clean it immediately. Avoid rubbing the eyes as it can cause more trouble. Consult a doctor if the eyes are extremely red or itchy.