Burning sensation after urination is not always a symptom of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). Having a burning sensation after urination is not uncommon among women. Even men have this urinary problem. Well, most of the times, this happens when the woman suffers from UTI or other vaginal infections.
When you have an infection in the urinary passage, you suffer from burning sensation while and after urinating. This is very common among women. They often feel that the burning sensation is because of urinating so, many a times, they control their pee. Well, this is not the solution to the urine problems. First know the reason of the burning urination and then find out the remedies.
Reasons of burning urination:
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Kidney stones
- Liver problems
- Damaged nerves or spine during or after pregnancy
- Infection in sperm or testes
- STD (sexually transmitted diseases)
- Enlarged prostate
- Narrow urinary passage
Home remedies to cure burning urine problems:
- Firstly, drink lots of water. Dehydration is one of the common causes of burning during urination. The urine becomes dark yellow and burns a lot. Drink 2-3 glasses of water at very short intervals. If the urinary passage burns even after few hours, it is a symptom of UTI.
- Have cranberry juice. Minor UTIs and urinary passage burning can be cured with citrus fruit juices. You can also have lemon juice. Drink them as citrus acids in these fruits kill the bacteria that cause UTI and other infections.
- Amla juice is a natural home remedy for curing burning urine problems. The Indian gooseberry is also considered as an ayurvedic cure for urinary infections.
- Coconut water is another natural remedy to cure dehydration and burning urine. If you have a hangover and dehydration, have 2-3 glasses of coconut water. You can also mix jaggery and coriander powder. This is an effective medicine to cure dysuria (painful urination).
- Always use a protection while making love. Dryness in the vagina can also cause burn sensation. If you are using lubricants, go for water ones. Chemicals can lead to vaginal and urinary tract infections.
- In a glass of water, mix 1tbsp of coriander powder and soak over night. In the morning, strain and add sugar candy or jaggery. Have the decoction to cure burning during urination or dysuria.
- Maintain genital hygiene. Many a times, infections in the vagina or penis can affect urinary passage. Keep it clean and wash it twice or thrice every day if you are prone to such urinary infections. Washing removes the bacteria that thrive in the genitals.
- If you have kidney stones, then urination will burn. Drink beer to break down the hard stones in the kidneys. However, beer can cause dehydration in the morning. So, make it up with coconut water and lots of water.
These are few home remedies to cure burning urine problems. Do you have more herbal or natural cure for this urinary problem? Do share with us.