In this modern world, where every second person is sleep deprived, being an early riser is not an easy task. Mind you, your total hours of sleep has nothing to with your habit of waking up early in the morning. Even if you sleep at 3 am, you will probably wake up at 6 if you are a morning person. There are many health benefits of this habit. It also has many advantages for you on the personal and professional front.
Here are some of the most noted health benefits of being an early riser.
Health Benefits Of Being An Early Riser:
1. Morning Workout: When you rise early, you get the time to exercise and shed some sweat in the morning. Mornings are the best time to workout because you are fresh and your muscles have been given rested during sleep. Also, it is the best time to get some adrenaline rush so that you remain energetic throughout the day.
2. Have Breakfast like a King: Most busy professionals nowadays skip breakfast not because they are too 'busy' to eat breakfast but they do not wake up early enough. You must be an early riser to have time to eat breakfast luxuriously and may be to prepare a healthy morning meal if necessary. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and if you miss out on it, then you lose out on nutrition for the rest of the day.
3. Say 'No' to stress: Stress hormones wreak your body from within and are also responsible for chronic heart diseases. It also weakens your central nervous system. It is better to wake up early and manage your time in such a way that you minimize stress.
4. Lethargy is a curse: We were talking about week days or working days so far. But even if you do not have office, it is not a very good idea to sleep till early afternoon on weekends. Being an early riser is a habit that you must retain despite the day of the week. Waking up late on holidays makes you lazy and lethargic. Once you wake up late, you have no time for working out or eating a healthy breakfast. This will make you lazy for the rest of the day and you will end up becoming unhealthier than you were.
5. Mood makes a man: When you wake up early, you are less prone to mood swings or what we call 'early morning blues'. Have you wondered why you feel so miserable on Monday mornings? It is because we are out of the habit of waking early. When you rise early, you are always in a good mood. It increases your productivity greatly.
These are some of the most important health benefits of being an early riser. Do you know any other reasons?