Health Risks Of Being A Couch Potato
1. Instead of warmimg your body through exercise you would be doing it on a couch. The amount of high calorie cheese popcorns and potato chips will add up to your body weight and lead to obesity. Obesity is one of the main cause for many heart relatedand sugar related problems. Sipping a perforated and artificially flavoured juice can also many stomach disorders such as ulcers, indigestion and constipation etc.
2. Relaxing yourself on couch for a long time may even lead to muscle cramps, sprains and increase the internal body temperature. If the movement of muscles come to a stand still, it is said that the life of a person would also shrink.
3. Watching television for hours will lead to pain in the eyes followed by continuous tearing and redness. The person also stops to think and analyse which for a long period will make him (his brain) very inactive.
How To Avoid The Health Risks Due To Being A Couch Potato
1. Walk every now then rather getting glued to the couch.
2. Rest your legs on a rough/pricky surface (acupressure) so that the blood circulation in legs get improved and prevent cramps.
3. Prefer antioxidant and vitamin rich fruits or vegetable salads instead of the fried items.
4. Take a break from TV for a while and try to solve puzzles like sudoku or cross word etc to keep your mind active.