Smoking is one of the most common bad habits found in every four out of five people. Not only restricted to men but even women are into this bad habit of taking a fag. You might have heard and read a lot about the side effects of smoking. Even after that the addiction can't make you quit cigarettes. But, when your body starts reacting to the intake of tobacco, you plan to quit the bad habit.
Quitting the habit of smoking is really difficult and painful. But once you implement the strong decision, you have to stick to it. Below is the list of positive things that happen to you when you stop smoking.
- Your high blood pressure comes down to normal. Smokers have high blood pressure levels and quitting the intake of nicotine brings back the normal blood pressure levels.
- Blood circulation in the body improves after you quit smoking. Carbon monoxide in the blood reduces when you do not smoke for more than a week.
- When you stop smoking, oxygen levels in your body increases. This results in better blood circulation. Smoking build toxins in the body that affects the skin tone. Improved blood circulation flushes out toxins from your body and helps in getting back the glowing skin.
- If you do not smoke for 2-3 days, it is believed that nicotine levels reduce from your system. Nicotine slows down the brain functioning.
- Your body metabolism increases and your energy levels boost up. You will feel more active and healthy.
Although quitting the intake of tobacco smoke can be healthy, there are few negative changes that you might experience.
- The urge to smoke can lead to headache. When you smoke, nicotine hits the brain and a smoker feels mentally relaxed. Headache is a common health problem faced by addicted smokers.
- Laziness and drowsy feelings are obvious as the body slowly comes back to its normal state. When you smoke, the nicotine increases the heart beat rate much more than the normal one. So, after you quit smoking, the heart beat rate becomes normal and this time, you might feel drowsy and lazy.
- You can suffer from digestive problems. Constipation, diarrhoea, nausea and gastric problems are commonly faced by quitters.
- An itchy throat is another negative change that a quitter might experience. You might suffer from cold and cough, itchy throat and a change in voice.
- Light sleep or nightmares are also witnessed by quitters. After you quit the bad habit, the mental state of your mind gets unstable due to the addiction towards nicotine. Changes in sleeping patterns can disrupt your mental peace.
These are few positive and negative changes that can effect you after you quit smoking. Be strong with your decision. You can save your life only if you control it.