Body pain is an unfortunate side effect of our stressful modern lifestyle. Most working professionals with desk jobs develop some type of body pain by the time they are 30. You can blame the long working hours or the sitting postures that brings in body pain. As it is neither advisable nor feasible to pop pain killers for body ache all the time; massage is one of the best alternatives for pain relief. Here are best massages that are most often recommended to relieve body pain.
5 Best Massages For Body Pain
1. Thai Massage: It is one of the main attractions at the oriental city of Bangkok (and one of the least corny ones). Thai body massage is based on the principle of realigning all the energy in the body. The messier uses the fingers and a pointed black stone to tap the pressure points on the body. There is a fair amount of stretching involved that thoroughly rejuvenates you.
2. Hot Stone Massage: This is also known as the Kerala massage as it originated in this Indian state. If the bulk of your body pain is due to stiff or tightened muscles then this massage is best for you. Heated, smooth stones of different sizes will be placed at different pressure points on your body to relieve pain.
3. Deep Tissue Massage: This massage is done on the skin but targets the deep layers of tissue under it. The strokes and friction technique used in this massage makes it very beneficial for people who are recovering from an injury. It is often medically recommended for pain relief.
4. Aromatherapy Massage: This type of body massage functions on a simple principle; pain can be cured by stimulating your senses. Different types of aromatic oils and scents are used to de-stress your muscles and refresh your stressed mood.
5. Swedish Massage: It is the commonest type of massage advised to first timers. It is a basic massage of the entire body with typical hand movements like kneading and mild punching to relieve pain. While it can be done to cure general body pain, consistent aches needs a more specialised approach. If you have had body pain over a long period of time, then you probably go for any of the above four instead of this one.
Have you tried any other types of massage for body pain? Share with us..