Did you wake up in the morning with a blank mind faced temporary amnesia about the previous night. It means that you had blacked out; you passed out or fainted from which you moved into a deep slumber that made you forget everything. Now, it is a scary proposition to wake up in a strange place and don't not know what happened, isn't it? However, it is a perfectly natural phenomenon with an accurate scientific explanation.
Here are some of the reasons for which you might have blacked out and faced temporary amnesia.
Why You Blacked Out?
1. Blacked Out By Alcohol: The most obvious reason to have temporary amnesia is that you had too much to drink. When we say someone has passed out or blacked out due to alcohol it basically means that they have slept and won't wake up for sometime now. Typically you puke, lose energy in form of glucose and then sleep out of sheer exertion. You wake up only when you regain your strength.
2. Spiked Drink: If you think that you are a drinker too hard to be knocked out by a few extra pegs then there might be a more sinister cause for it. Sometimes your drink can get spiked with a drug (commonly called date rape drug) that can have you blacked out for a good solid 24 hours. It will cause temporary amnesia and also has other harmful effects.
3. Low Blood Pressure: The most natural cause for losing consciousness a sudden drop in your blood pressure. If you have been fasting or have a tendency for symptoms of low blood pressure then it is perfectly plausible that you passed out due to fluctuating blood pressure.
4. Low Blood Sugar: If the glucose level in your body falls due to any reason then it can have you blacked out totally. Typically, you start feeling a chill and then everything darkens in front of your eyes. This is a dangerous condition as it occurs due to cutting off sugar supplies to the brain. If you are driving or crossing the road at this time it can lead to accidents. If you have prior knowledge of your condition then carry sugar cubes in your bag.
5. Stress: It might seem like an over statement but stress is one of the leading causes of people swooning. Stress hormones can play havoc in your system if they go out of control. It is common for brides to faint and it is because of stress. Also, stress affects women more than men at least hormonally.
6. Wearing Tight Clothes: You have read in novels that Victorian ladies were famous for fainting at the drop of a hat. It is because they wore corsets that suffocated them and cut of the oxygen supply to their brain. Wearing uncomfortably tight clothes can still do that to you.
Use these good health tips to know why you blacked out.