Indigestion can be troublesome and embarrassing. Bloating, gastric problems and indigestion go hand in hand. Improper diet and unhealthy food can cause indigestion easily. Indigestion occurs when excess acid is formed in the stomach thus leading to acid reflux and heart burn in worst cases. Which food causes indigestion? Here are foods which can lead to indigestion easily.
Foods which lead to indigestion:
1. Oily and fatty food often causes indigestion and gas in the stomach. Oil deposits in the stomach leads to acid reflux and indigestion gradually. So, fast food such as burgers, French fries, potato chips, pakoras, butter, cookies, grilled meat or snacks to name a few must be avoided.
2. Even spicy food can lead to indigestion and gas. Avoid having spicy street food which are rich in powder spices especially red chilli powder and chaat masala. This is mainly because, spices are hard to digest and this can cause gastric and hurt burn.
3. Cabbage and radish are healthy vegetables but can also lead to indigestion and bloating. To avoid these vegetables from causing indigestion, always prefer steaming them rather than boiling them. This way, you retain the proteins and also prevent indigestion.
4. If you are addicted to having tea and coffee at short intervals, be prepared to face the bloating and hurt burn after few hours of consumption. It is best to avoid having tea/coffee empty stomach.
5. Carbonated drinks such as coke and diet sodas fill the stomach with air and push the food in the stomach upwards. This exerts pressure on the sphincter and causing acid formation.
6.Milk is one common dairy product which causes indigestion easily. Deficiency of lactose makes it difficult to digest milk therefore causing indigestion and gastric problems. If you get acidity after having milk, then it is good to avoid food which are rich in lactose.
7. Nuts can also lead to indigestion. It is shocking to know but if your stomach doesn't have the strength to digest nuts, avoid having them. Nuts have tannins which leads to indigestion and gas easily.
These foods cause indigestion and so avoid these foods if you are prone to gastric problems. Lack of exercise can also cause indigestion so have a healthy diet and stay fit.