Monosodium glutamate, commonly known as Ajinomoto, is a sodium salt. Ajinimoto is used as spice in Chinese dishes. Ajinimoto or MSG is available as salt and is also found in barbecue sauce, frozen and canned food to name a few. MSG adds flavour to the food but did you know Ajinomoto or MSG is unhealthy? Take a look at the side effects of Ajinomoto on health.
Ajinimoto side effects:
- Headache, sweating and nausea are common harmful effects of Ajinimoto. Excessive or regular consumption of MSG can also lead to brain damage.
- Having Ajinimoto can also lead to dehydration. Swelling on the face, eyes and skin tightness are few harmful effects of Ajinimoto.
- MSG can gradually lead to chest pain, breathing disorder and laziness. Even cold or running nose, sneezing and drowsiness are few other health disorders of MSG.
- Burning sensation in the stomach and throat are experienced after having Ajinimoto due to its acidic ingredient.
- Frequent urination, vaginal pain or swelling, prostate swelling are other harmful side effects of Ajinimoto.
- Bowel movements, lower abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea are common side effects of Ajinimoto.
- Ajinimoto can lead to muscle and joint pain especially in the knees. Ajinimoto weakens the bones and decreases calcium content in the body.
- Ajinimoto can cause blood pressure fluctuations. High or low blood pressure level, arterial fibrillation, palpitations and arrhythmia are dangerous side effects of having Ajinimoto.
- People can suffer from migraine due to MSG. It is best to leave Ajinimoto if you are getting headaches.
These are the few harmful side effects of Ajinimoto on health.