Are you on a strict diet? Are salads the only best friends of yours now, as you are on a weight loss mission? Then, it is time to know something more about salads.
Many of you think that foods on a salad bar are all healthy.
But, this concept is not completely right. There are some types of
food you need to avoid at the salad bar.
Also Read: 10 Vegetarian Salad Recipes To Lose Weight
While you want to lose weight, you have to check out your diet plan and follow an exercise regimen. Actually, there are no shortcut ways to achieve your dream figure than these two.
Now, your dietician has given you a diet chart in which salad is the main priority. You’re going according to the chart. Still, you’re not losing weight; and the saddest part is you’re gaining more weight.
How irritating it is when you see all your effort and money going for a big waste, right? Therefore, you need to keep a check on your diet on a daily basis.
You’re having fruit salad but are you using cream on it? No matter, the carton says low-fat; the amount of fat it contains may not be suitable for you.
Hence, it is very important to know the food you need to avoid at the salad bar. Have a look to know the foods that you must avoid at the salad bar.
Also Read: Highly Nutritional Salads For Summer
1. Croutons: This is the other name of calorie. Usually, croutons are made of artificial colours and preservatives. Moreover, these are made from refined grains, where all the vitamins and minerals are drained off. So, these are nothing but a bunch of calories.
2. Bacon Bits: You may think that a little piece is not harmful. But, you’re going absolutely wrong. There are lots of bacon bits which don’t contain bacon at all but are only made of artificial flavours, colours, preservatives and salt. This is the food you need to avoid at the salad bar.
3. Sun-dried Tomatoes: While fresh and red tomatoes are a bliss to have; these are the only bunch of sodium -rich foods that’ll make you bloat. This is one of those types of food you need to avoid at the salad bar.
4. Shredded Cheese: If you’re on a mission to
lose weight, how can you include this food in your salad? Yes, it
enhances the taste of a boring salad; but also increases the fat
deposition on your waistline. So, these are the types of food you
need to avoid at the salad bar.
5. Candied Nuts: While thinking of food you need to avoid at the salad bar, this will take an important place on the list. These make your salad tastier, as they are coated with sugar. Besides, the artificial colours, fat, sodium and preservatives are the main ingredients of these nuts. Go for fresh walnuts or almonds instead.
6. Mayonnaise: Say a big no to mayonnaise-filled salads. Salad is a healthy option for those who are suffering from heart diseases, but when it is mixed with mayo, it becomes the enemy of your heart. To clog your arteries and increase cholesterol level, mayo takes a leading part, hence it is best avoided.
7. Wonton Noodles/Tortilla Strips: These play an incredible part to make your salad tastier by adding a crunchy texture. But, they are full of calories and carbohydrates again, and often they are fried in oil as well, which can be very unhealthy. Say goodbye to these and welcome fresh carrots to have a crunchy salad.
8. Salad Dressing: May be you know all types of food you need to avoid at the salad bar. But, if you pour a wrong dressing on your healthy salad, it will give you the same calorie and fat that other unhealthy foods were giving. Always dress your salad with some extra-virgin olive oil or balsamic vinegar.