There are several drinks and food items that help boost up your immune system. But, before that, you need to know what immunity is and why it is important to make your immunity strong.
Immunity system is nothing but the ability of the body to fight with the outside malice (virus, bacteria, etc.) and build a shield to protect the body from the invading harmful germs.
For example, if you catch cough and cold at every winter, you have a weak immunity that can't protect you from these diseases.
If you start having ginger tea and use warm water to bath during a season change, you can avoid these troubles, specially during the winter season.
Also Read: 10 Steps To Strengthen Your Immunity
If your immunity is low, your ability to prevent diseases gets lower. Now, any misbalance in your immune system can cause several problems, which should be balanced always.
If it increases or decreases than the normal level, then you are more prone to developing several diseases.
If your immunity level increases than the normal level, then the body damages its own tissues instead of preventing your body from the invading microorganisms.
These diseases are known as autoimmune diseases. So, which are the main autoimmune diseases?
1. Rheumatoid Arthritis: The immune system produces antibodies at the linings of the joint. Then, the immunity system attacks the joints and causes an excruciating pain, swelling and inflammation. If not treated earlier, this can damage your joints.
2. Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Here, the immunity system attacks the intestines and causes constipation or diarrhoea, abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, sudden weight loss and high fever. You may need tablets and injections to cure IBD.
3. Type 1 Diabetes: Increased immunity creates antibodies that attack the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. You have no other option but to fight this disease than having insulin injection.
Other than these diseases, the other autoimmune diseases are,
• Guillain-Barre Syndrome
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Graves' Disease
• Myasthenia Gravis
• Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
If your body lacks the power to produce enough immunity, you can suffer from immunodeficiency disorder as well. In that case, your body will lose the ability to fight against the germs and bacteria.
To boost up your immunity, you can rely on some foods and drinks. One of the most important drinks to enhance your immunity is ginger-carrot juice. Have a look at the ingredients and the method to prepare this drink.
Also Read: Good Foods For Immune System
1. Ginger - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
2. Carrots - 2 (peeled and diced)
3. Garlic - 2 to 4 cloves
4. Lemon juice - ½ tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash all the ingredients well.
2. Now, pour everything into your juicer.
3. Blend them together.
4. Strain the juice.
5. Drink this juice sip by sip at regular intervals or in a small amount throughout the day.
Benefits Of This Juice
1. Carrot: These deliciously orange veggies are full of beta-carotene, antioxidants and vitamin A that support your immune system and enhance it to build a protective layer around your body.
2. Ginger: Lower immunity causes joint pain, nausea, headache, etc. Ginger is full of anti-inflammatory properties that reduce these ailments.
3. Garlic: Due to the presence of antioxidants, antiseptic and antifungal properties, this ingredient makes the juice powerful for the body.
4. Lemon: Presence of vitamin C is very important, as it not only enhances your immunity level but also keeps the pH level of your body well balanced.