Why We Avoid Vegetables Of This Colour?
The reason is this peculiar mindset we have that they are either not very delicious or they have little food nutrition value. Just because it is white, does not mean that it has no interesting flavours. Garlic is white and it is used to add flavour a lot of green and red vegetables. It is in fact a super food; scientist's claim that if you eat raw garlic every day then you will never fall sick!
You should eat white vegetables and there are some very good reasons for you to do so.
Why You Should Eat White Vegetables?
Just because they are white does not mean that they have no pigments. They have pigments that are white in colour. The vegetables of this colour have anthoxanthins, chemicals that make you heart healthy by lowering your cholesterol and by effect your blood pressure.
You cannot even begin to imagine the food nutrition value of all the individual vegetables of this colour. But we can give you a small peep show.
Have You Tried These White Vegetables?
1. Mushrooms: They are exotic and expensive but also some of the most nutritious foods you will find in the vegetable family. Apart from being a rich source of potassium (common in the white family) it's cancer fighting properties are famous.
2. Potatoes & Bananas: One is a white fruit and other a vegetable but we have clubbed them together because they have similar properties. Both are extremely good sources of energy (carbohydrates) and rich in potassium. These are the first things you should have if you have a black out.
3. Garlic: It is anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti inflammatory and anti any other kind of disease causing germs! To top it all it is the best thing to eat if you want to keep your heart naturally healthy.
4. Cauliflower: This member of the cruciferous family of vegetables is great for a power meal that will give you fibre and the basic vitamins but is low on calories. There is also something called the white cabbage that can be consumed as a leafy but non-green vegetable.
5. Turnips: This root vegetable is a white cousin of the beet roots and carrots. Gives you loads of vitamin C and adds white to your raw salads.
These good health tips will tell why white vegetables are a must in your daily diet.