Here are some steps you must follow to plan out your power meals and stay in the pink of health always.
Plan For Power Meals:
1. High Energy But Low Fat Breakfast: It has been said over and over again that your breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You will be hungry and also you need bulk to fill the huge gap between dinner and breakfast. Go for high fibre foods like oats and cereals. They have carbs so they will give you energy but they are also fibre rich so they won't add weight. If you are going to the gym then your workout food (either before or after the gym) must contain egg whites or lean white meat potions.
2. Munchers : It is not so much our hunger but our tendency to much that makes us fat and lazy. You may not be hungry for hours after such a heavy breakfast but as soon as you start working you feel this urge to munch. For that you have things like almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, dates etc. You can have nuts too but they must not salted for fried. You can take 5 such handfuls in between your power meals.
3. Lean Lunch: You can indulge yourself in your lunch time by choosing one carbohydrate or fat rich food like a dessert or potato fries. But that should be a frill not a filler for you. You must have ample green salads and/or lean meat portions grilled or smoked.
4. Power Juices: Juices are the best boosters of energy and they are not heavy because they are not solid. If you are feeling really tired at 3 in the afternoon then try gulping down a glass of orange juice instead of tea or coffee; it is refreshing. Protein shakes too can be taken as meal replacements on some days (not all).
5. An Early Dinner: Firstly have your dinner as early as possible. Secondly, food for men must be protein rich but that does not mean eating meat all the time. You can try seafood which is very healthy and for vegetarians there are always pulses (make soups out of them). Some legumes like black eyed beans are very healthy as protein food for men to take instead of meat.
Follow these good health tips to plan your power meals.