weight, you avoid having this delicious dessert. Many moms stop their kids from having ice cream. The reason is, "You will spoil your teeth" or "You might catch cold". Well, there is something surprising about ice creams. Wondering what? Ice cream has health benefits too!
Health benefits of ice cream:
1. Rich in calcium: Ice creams are made with dairy product namely, milk! Ice creams are therefore rich in calcium and this nutrient strengthens your bones and boosts up your energy. To get strong bones and a fit body, have ice creams.
2. Calcium in ice cream protects the teeth and builds strong gums. So, now think again before you stop your child from having a scoop of ice cream.
3. Chocolate ice creams are also beneficial for the body. If you are heart patient, have chocolate ice cream. They are rich in flavonoids that reduce artery inflammation. Dark chocolate has flavonoids that protect the arteries from geting blocked. To prevent heart diseases, you can have chocolate ice cream.
4. A scoop of ice cream has vitamin A, D, K and B12 to name a few. Vitamin A improves eye sight, vitamin D absorbs calcium and other healthy nutrients from the food and store them in the kidneys. Vitamin K increases blood flow in the body and opens blocked blood cells. Vitamin B12 improves memory and nervous system.
5. Ice cream helps lose weight. Wondering how? Having something cold increases the body temperature as the body needs to warm the ice cold item. To adjust the temperature, you burn calories and fat in the process. So, have ice cream to lose weight!
6. A scoop of ice cream provides sufficient protein to have an active day. The body needs daily proteins to build and repair muscle tissues. A yummy treat to rejuvenate yourself after a workout.
7. An ice cream made with low fat ingredients such as skimmed milk has more health benefits. If you are worried about putting on weight, then do not worry.
So, if you are dying to open the refrigerator at night and eat a big bite of the chilled ice cream, then go ahead... After knowing these health benefits, you will definitely think of having at least one scoop every week. Make sure you do not eat too much ice cream. You might end up suffering from cold. This is based on individual's immunity and body temperature. Also, eat slowly. Eating frozen items can lead to headache. This is because of the sudden dilation of blood vessels or cells due to the cold sensation in the mouth. So, enjoy this frozen dessert but be careful too!