If you are looking towards increasing your fertility then it is needless to say that you must be trying to have a baby and obviously facing some challenges there. The unfortunate part about male infertility is that it goes unnoticed until and unless you plan to start a family. Women have indicators like irregular periods or other menstrual problems to give them a hint but it never occurs to men that need to try to increase their fertility. We all get busy with work and career without sparing a thought about our sexual health. Even if we do think about it then it is dominated by thoughts of performing well in bed and not about conceiving a baby. This is why the concept of food for increasing sperm count never occurs to us.
It is true, food can increase sperm production and save you from indecently expensive infertility treatments when you want to start a family. Here are some good health tips for men to stay fertile and potent.
5 Nutrients In Food For Increasing Fertility:
1. Selenium: This is an unusual mineral that increases the motility of your sperms. Selenium rich food increase sperm's mobility and thus raise the chances of conception.
Foods: Cottage cheese, eggs, chicken, turkey and nuts.
2. Zinc: This a very vital mineral required for regulating your body's testosterone level. Testosterone as you probably know is the the hormone responsible for male reproductive functions. Until and unless you have sufficient Zinc in your body, testosterone is not produced in adequate amounts which in turn reduces sperm count.
Foods: Abundantly available in red meat, seafood and eggs. Vegetarians need to watch it. Have pumpkin seeds and oatmeal.
3. Vitamin A: The Vitamin A rich food increase the value of sperm production by making sure that the sperms that are produced are healthy and agile. If you have a deficiency of this vitamin then your sperms will be slow and lazy, not good enough for conception.
Foods: Carrots are best but red chilli peppers, spinach, iceberg lettuce, broccoli and dry fruits like apricots too will be good for increasing fertility.
4. Vitamin C: We probably consume citrus foods for the protection against cold but the antioxidants in them help 'cleanse' the sperms. They get rid of toxins and purify the semen by extracting free radicals.
Foods: Oranges, lemon, red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes are foods that increase fertility.
5. Omega-3 Fatty Acids: These are special boosters that when present in the blood increases the blood circulation of the male reproductive organs hence giving energy and boosting potent sperm production.
Foods: Found mainly in fish like Salmon and Sardines. Walnuts also could be an alternative for vegetarians.
These are the list of 5 groups of nutrients and the foods that contain them so that use the natural process of eating for increasing fertility.