Your kidneys are like the strainers of your body. They strain your blood and purify it. But what do you do for your kidneys? We are not telling you to get up in the morning and say 'thank you' to your kidneys, what you need to do is eat some foods for the kidney that nourish it. Kidney failure is one of the common reasons of death in your old age. If you do not want to be part of that list then you need to incorporate some kidney healthy food in your daily diet. If you are already suffering from a kidney disease then this diet is ideal for you too.
Here are the top 5 foods for kidney that you simply must have in your diet.
Top 5 Foods For The Kidney:
1. Red Bell Pepper (Capsicum): You must have read about bell peppers at the top of 'foods for cancer' list but these rich in antioxidants vegetables are very good for the kidneys as well. They are sort of super foods that take care of your overall health. You get roughage from the fibre in it, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A and folic acid and also antioxidant lypocene that cleanses your kidneys. However, never overcook bell peppers as they lose their nutrition value. They are best eaten raw or grilled.
2. Cabbage and Cauliflower: The two green vegetables from related families are great to have healthy food for the kidneys. Cabbage gives you Vitamin K and cauliflower bring Vitamin C both without having high potassium content. Potassium is bad for the kidney and thus any diet for kidney diseases contains foods low in potassium content.
3. Egg Whites: The albumin or white portion of the eggs is pure raw protein for your muscles and important amino acids for your kidney nourishment. However only egg whites and not the egg yolk is good for food for your kidney. This is because the yolk has phosphorus and like potassium, phosphorus too is very damaging to the kidney.
4. Berries: These yummy fruits with vibrant colours are really healthy food for your kidney. Be it strawberry, raspberry, blueberries and last but not the least cranberries all have their individual and collect functions that benefit the kidneys. Cranberry increase the acidic nature of urine thereby eliminating infections, blueberries are anti-inflammatory and raspberries help neutralise the impurities in the kidney. All berries are rich in anti oxidants and thus protect against cancer too.
5. Olive Oil: It has been proven by scientific data that olive oil is better than any other kind of oil for the kidneys and your overall health. Apart from being heart healthy and less fattening it contains an anti-inflammatory component called oleic fatty acid that discourages oxidation keeps the kidneys healthy.
If you want to follow good health tips then make these foods for kidney health a part of your food habits.