The next time somebody tells you “have you gone nuts?" you can proudly say "yes" as the nuts are your life savers. Dry nuts are now easy medicines to prevent heart related ailments such as heart attack etc. They contain good fat that helps in reducing cholesterol which blocks the blood flow in the arteries and veins. Take a look at the types of nuts that needs to be a part of your healthy heart diet.
Types Of Heart Healthy Nuts
1. Almonds – Eating almond nuts everyday is highly beneficiary to the heart. It controls cholesterol and reduces the risk of the cardiac problems. The phytochemicals in these heart healthy nuts detoxify body by controlling cholesterol and help in proper functioning of the immune system. Munching a handful of almonds every week will maintain good health.
2. Cashews - “Eat a cashewnut a day keep the doctor away", the popular nut contain oleic acid which is good fat to the heart. It also contains biotin with minerals like zinc, copper, magnesium and iron which are very necessary in balancing blood cells and the heart muscle.
3. Pecans – Vitamin rich pecans help in lowering the fat deposits in the arteries. They contain more than 15 different types of vitamins that are much required for a healthy heart. Vitamins A, B and E with folic acid and minerals calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc help in protecting not only heart but also strengthen bones and muscles.
4. Pistachios – Only pistachios contain dietary fiber that are highly beneficiary to the heart. Eating these nuts dissolve the excess fat and minerals like phosphorus, copper, thiamin and vitamins act like defence to the heart and phytoseterols prevent cancer. They also provide energy as they contain proteins as well as arginine.
5. Walnuts – These polyunsaturated fat containing nuts are a bank of nutrition. They contain vitamin B 1, 2, 3, 6 and E, minerals like copper, zinc, calcium, manganese and iron. They balance blood sugar levels. The omega 3 fatty acids take care of the excess cholesterol and improve health day by day. Intake of walnut early morning (empty stomach) is good.