You have been travelling for long hours or your work demands are too much. This is surely going to make you tired, exhaused and a feeling of fatigue will overpower you. So what is the solution?
Most people take energy drinks and other supplements to recover from this condition. But of all the tried and tested methods, yoga provides one of the best cures for fatigue. Urdhva Mukha Svanasana, which is commonly known as the Upward Facing Dog Pose is one of the best yoga asanas that helps to get rid of fatigue.
Also Read: Yoga Asana To Strengthen Knees And Ankles
Also, sometimes you feel fatigued even without any work strain. This might adversely affect your personal and professional life as well. So if this is the case, then you need to check this immediately as this could be a sign of several other health problems.
Also Read: Yoga to Get Flat Tummy
Urdhva Mukha Svanasana is one of the basic yoga asanas and can be practised without any problem by a beginner as well. The words Urdhva Mukha Svanasana come from the Sanskrit words 'Urdhva' which means upward, 'Mukha' which means face, 'Svana' which means dog and 'Asana' which means pose.
Here is the step-wise procedure to perform Urdhva Mukha Svanasana. Have a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Urdhva Mukha Svanasana:
1. To begin with come to a standing position and slowly lie down with your face facing the floor.
2. The legs should be stretched and extendend behind.
3. The hands should be placed on the floor on either side.
4. The elbows should be close to the ribcage.
5. Slowly lift up your torso a little above from the floor.
6. Your shoulders should be above your wrists and arms held straight.
7. Slowly lift up your chest from the floor.
8. Your head should be straight and gazing directly forward.
9. Try to stretch your body as much as you can.
10.The shoulder blades should be tightly pressed into your upper back.
11. Remain in the position for about a few seconds and then slowly come out of the position.
Other Benefits Of Urdhva Mukha Svanasana:
It helps to stimulate the abdomen.
It helps to strengthen the spine.
It helps to stretch the shoulders.
It helps to strengthen the arms and wrists.
It helps to provide relief from mild depression.
It helps to provide relief from sciatica pain.
It helps to stretch the muscles.
It helps to stretch the legs.
Urdhva Mukha Svanasana is helpful in providing relief from fatigue but one should see that it is practised with caution. This asana should not be practised by people who have back and wrist injuries. Also it is better if this asana is practised under the instruction of a trained yoga instructor.