Did you know that urinary tract infection (UTI) can even lead to an organ damage? UTI is a bacterial infection of the urinary tract.
If you feel a pain in the pelvis while urinating, if you feel like urinating all the time, if you feel the need to urinate again and again and, despite the urgency, you manage to pee only little, then chances are you must be suffering from UTI.
UTI is the second most common infection in the world and over 40 per cent of the women are known to suffer from UTI at some point of time in their lives. Due to anatomical differences, more women than men are prone to UTI.
Also Read: Home Remedies To Cure Smelly Urine
Bad hygiene, holding urine for too long and pregnancy are some of the reasons behind UTI. If left untreated, UTI can even affect your kidneys.
If you are looking for herbal, Ayurvedic medicines for UTI, then there are plenty of amazing Ayurvedic medicines that you can use, which can cure your UTI problem.
Here’s a look at the 7 Ayurvedic recipes that can help you the best in treating this infection, have a look.
1. Curd: Curd forms an important part of the diet in Indian homes. We consume it to flavour our dish or use it as an accompaniment. But, did you know that curd can also be used to cure UTI? Yes, it not only cures UTI, but also prevents it.
Lactobacilli bacteria present in curd is known to reduce the effect of UTI. People, who are suffering from frequent occurrence of UTI, can get cured by including curd in their diet.
2. Amla: Amla is an excellent Ayurvedic remedy for those suffering from UTI. Amla which is a rich source of vitamin C creates an acidic environment in the urinary tract, which hinders the growth of harmful bacteria that cause UTI
3. Dalchini Or Cinnamon: This magical herb in Ayurveda is helpful in curbing the growth of the UTI-causing E. coli bacteria. It provides relief from a burning sensation and uncomfortable experience that is caused in UTI.
Consuming cinnamon tea 3 or 4 times in a day helps in curbing recurrent UTI infections. Avoid consuming cinnamon if you are pregnant or planning to conceive, as too much consumption of cinnamon can cause a miscarriage.
4. Coriander: Coriander is an excellent Ayurvedic remedy for curing UTI. According to Ayurveda, an increase in the Pitta dosha in the body is responsible for causing the burning and itching sensation while urinating.
Coriander, with its coolant properties, provides you relief from this uncomfortable feeling. Drinking coriander tea regularly will curb the burning sensation and its anti-inflammatory properties will provide a good relief from the UTI pain and inflammation.
Also Read: Burning Urination Problem? Home Remedies
5. Badi Elaichi: Badi Elaichi is commonly used in the Indian cuisine to give a nice flavour and taste to it. But, it is also known to provide relief against a burning sensation if you are suffering from UTI. It also helps in preventing repetitive UTI occurrences.
6. Sonth: Sonth, also known as dry ginger, is a herb used in Ayurveda to improve the working of the urinary organs that help in alleviating UTI.
This herb prevents itching and an uncomfortable feeling while urinating and helps in curbing the repeated infections. Consume sonth with milk and sugar to get relief from the UTI pain.
7. Guggul: This Ayurvedic herb is used for an array of benefits. You can use it to cure arthritis, cholesterol and skin diseases. Guggul is also used to ease the pain in the urinary tract.
It improves the immune system, ensures blood supply in the different parts of the body and eases chronic urinary infections.