Are you under tremendous stress and looking out for ways to get rid of it? Then, try out yoga, specifically Naukasana, as it helps to provide you an amazing relief from stress.
Right from school-going kids to eldery people, everyone tends to experience stress in some form or the other. Yes, the intensity might differ, but stress in some form is quite dangerous for the body.
Also Read: Marjariasana To Relieve Stress
When this stress starts occuring frequently, then it becomes a cause of concern. Hence, identifying the cause of stress and intervening at the correct time is highly essential.
If not taken care of on time, then stress not only leads to an aching head, but it also increases your blood pressure level and insomania too.
Hence, yoga asana is one of the best natural ways to relieve stress. The best part of it is that it comes without any side effects.
Also Read: Vrikshasana To Make Legs Strong
Naukasana, which is commonly known as the boat pose, comes from the Sanskrit words 'Nauka' which means boat and 'Asana' which means pose.
Though this asana might be a little difficult for a beginner to perform (as it requires a lot of balance), with everyday practice, you could get better at it. With continuous practice for over a period of time, it becomes a lot easier.
So, here is the step-wise procedure to perform this asana. Take a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Naukasana:
1. To begin with, lie down flat on the floor or on your yoga mat.
2. The arms should lie straight on either sides and your feet should be held close together.
3. Take a deep breath and then, slowly lift your chest and feet a little above the floor.
4. While doing this, the arms should be stretched and you need to feel the stretch on your stomach.
5. Your body weight should be completely on your buttock region.
6. All your fingers and toes should be aligned straight and pointing forward.
7. As you do this, keep your eyes focussed to your front.
8. Hold on to the position for a few seconds.
9. Then, slowly breath out and come back to your original position.
10. Repeat the asana for 4-5 times.
Other Benefits Of Naukasana:
It helps to strengthen the abdomen.
It helps to strengthen the arms and shoulders.
It helps to strengthen the thighs and legs.
It helps to strengthen the muscles.
It helps to stimulate digestion.
It helps to ease constipation.
It helps to relax your mind.
Naukasana is one of the best known yoga asanas to provide relief from stress, but one need to be cautious while performing this asana. Those having spinal problems, headache, migraine and those suffering from low blood pressure should avoid performing this asana.