Are you feeling tired and weak quite often and also suffering from giddiness? It needs to be checked immediately as these could be a sign of iron deficiency.
So if you are suffering from iron deficiency then jaggery is a must have for you. It can be added to dried ginger or chickpeas and consumed. This helps in improving the iron level in the body quickly. When the level of iron in the body goes down too much one tends to faint sometimes.
Iron is one of the most important components in the body that is required to make haemoglobin. This in turn transports the oxygen to different parts of the body.
In conditions like this there are certain foods that help in improving the iron level and jaggery is one of the most important ingredients that helps in improving the iron level.
It is to be noted that iron deficiency is common, among women, especially when they are menstruating. Hence, it is highly essential to take up iron supplements in order to prevent several associated health problems, the most common being dizziness and weakness.
Jaggery is one of the major food items which has a rich iron content. In order to treat iron deficiency, jaggery can be consumed in two ways. This article explains about it.
1. Jaggery And Chickpeas:
Along with jaggery, chickpeas are also rich in iron.
1. Soak one handful of chickpeas in water. Leave it overnight.
2. Take out the chickpeas, add two teaspoons of jaggery and mix it.
3. Have this mixture early in the morning on an empty stomach.
2. Jaggery And Dried Ginger:
Jaggery is rich in iron and ginger helps absorb the iron.
1. Take about two teaspoons of jaggery.
2. Take about a teaspoon of dried ginger powder.
3. Take a pinch of pepper powder.
4. Mix all the ingredients together.
5. Have a teaspoon of this mixture after every meal atleast thrice a day.