A bad cough can be one of the most frustrating ailments, that can put a person through a lot of discomfort. Did you know that there is an excellent homemade honey recipe that can treat an intense form of cough?
Imagine that you are going on a road trip with your friends and you are constantly coughing! This can make you feel extremely tired and uncomfortable, not to mention the fact that it can come in the way of you having a good time!
A cough can be described as a symptom of respiratory ailment, when the respiratory tract is infected and is filled with mucous, causing an irritation in the throat, that can cause a coughing fit.
Depending on the type of respiratory infection, a cough can be extremely bad or a mild one.
In case of a bad cough, that goes on for many days, the person can experience throat pain, chest pain and fatigue.
So, if you want to treat a bad cough right at home, check out this excellent honey wrap remedy.
Recipe To Prepare The Remedy
Ingredients Required :
- Raw Honey - 3 tablespoons
- Adhesive Medial Tape
- Coconut Oil - 3 tablespoons
This natural remedy to treat an intense form of cough has proven to be very effective, when used on a regular basis.
You must make sure that along with using this homemade honey recipe, you also consume a healthy diet, that does not aggravate your cough further. Oily foods and cold foods must be avoided.
The mixture of honey and coconut oil, when applied on your chest, has the ability to produce enough heat to dissolve the mucous present in your lungs, thus acting as a natural decongestant that can treat cough.
When the mucous accumulated in the chest dissolves, your lungs and respiratory tract clear up, so you can find relief from the coughing!
Method To Prepare And Use The Remedy :
- Heat 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and collect it in a bowl.
- Now, add 3 tablespoons of honey to the coconut oil.
- Stir well to form a mixture.
- Now, pour this mixture on to the sticky side of the medical adhesive tape.
- Place the tape on your chest area and stick it on.
- Leave the tape on for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis, until the cough subsides.