Everyone wants to have a healthier and happy life, no matter what age they are. These days, because of the recent habitual lifestyle patterns, every third person in the population is facing the problem of knee pain. This article is here to guide you on certain exercises for strong knees, which you could try at home. Read on.
You tend to avoid knee pain at an initial age, but gradually, it gets worse. Hence, to avoid such a problem, you need to be careful for the kind of lifestyle you are opting for.
Why go against nature and later burn your pockets when you can just live a healthy life by performing certain activities? Start with these best exercises before it is too late. These exercises can help you build stronger knees.
So, some of the exercises to have strong knees are as follows:
1. Wall Slide: With your back leaning against the wall and bending your knees at 30 degrees, just slide up and down. Your move should be smooth, by maintaining the balance with your hands on the wall. Keep your legs parallel and don't allow your knees to go out over your toes. Initially, you can start with the count of 5-10 times and gradually you can increase the count.
2. Bent-Leg Raise: You need to start this exercise while sitting on a chair, with one leg in the air, kept straight. Be at that position for about 60 seconds. Now, bend your knee to lower your leg, say about halfway to the floor. Be in that position for 30 seconds. Then, relax. Repeat the same for at least 4-5 times.
3. Straight-Leg Raise: Sit on a chair and rest your foot on another chair. While sitting only, lift your foot a few inches off the chair and your legs should be straight. Maintain the position for 5-10 seconds. Now, relax and repeat the same for at least 4-6 times.
4. Abductor Raise: Lie down on one side by balancing your elbow, while bending one leg and keeping the other straight. Now, lift your top leg and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat 5-10 times. Do the same with other leg as well.
5. Hamstring Curl: Stand in such a way that your thighs are facing the table or wall. Lift one knee up as much as you can and hold the position for at least 5-10 seconds. Do the same with both the legs and repeat it 5-10 times.
6. Step-Ups: This is the easiest of all. You just need to stand in front of a step and have to step up and down. Just maintain a pace and balance while performing this exercise.
7. Stationary Bike: Cycling is the best way to be active and keep your body fit.
8. Hair Knee Extension: Sit on the chair and keep your foot on another chair in such a way that your knee is slightly raised. Now, push the raised knee towards the floor by using your leg muscles only and hold it for 5-10 seconds. Repeat 5-6 times on each leg.
9. Heel Slide Knee Extension: Lie down on your back with your left knee bent while keeping the other foot flat on the floor. Then, slide the left heel away from the body in such a way that both the legs are parallel to each other. Hold the position for 5-10 seconds and repeat the same for 5-10 times with each leg.
10. Knee Flexion: Sit on a chair with your feet on the ground and loop a blanket under your feet. Now, pull the blanket with both the hands to bend the knees by raising your foot at least 4-5 inches off the floor. Hold the position for 5-10 seconds and repeat the same 5-6 times.