A problem that affects all women at some juncture of their lives, Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB) is an abnormal bleeding from the vagina which occurs outside the regular cycle of menstruation. Did you know that there are Ayurvedic remedies to cure DUB? No? Then, read on.
DUB is also known as Abnormal Uterine Bleeding (AUB) and is caused mainly by hormonal imbalances and not factors like miscarriage, uterus growths like fibroids, cervical or uterus cancer or any blood disease.
DUB can occur with girls expecting puberty or women who are about to enter menopause, as they can have an imbalance in the hormonal levels for a long time.
Symptoms of DUB:
Some common symptoms of DUB include weakness, tendency of fainting, low blood pressure, pain, increased heartbeat, pale-looking skin, pelvic pain, frequent soaking of pad, etc. Bloating and breast tenderness are also signs of DUB.
Also Read: Why Do Fibroids Cause Heavy Bleeding?
There are several medications available to treat DUB, but one can always avail Ayurvedic treatment to alleviate the problem.
As per Ayurveda, DUB can be correlated to disorders like 'Asrigdhara', 'Lohitkshara' and 'Raktapitta'. According to it, DUB is caused mainly by vitiation of the Pitta Dosha with Rakta Dhatu and Vata.
Ayurvedic treatment for DUB includes Panchakarma (a five-fold body-healing procedure), external treatment, internal treatment with medicines, better diet and positive lifestyle and other procedures.
Have a look below to find out what the Ayurvedic remedies for DUB are.
1. Panchakarma includes five therapies like Virechana, Basti, etc., that gets the body rid of toxins and purifies it.
2. External treatments like Yoni Prakshalana (vaginal cleansing), Pichu (vaginal sterilization with medicated oil and ghee), Avagaha Sweda (sitz bath), Abhyanga (massaging with herb-medicated warm oil), Chakra Basti (application of Ayurvedic medicine on the naval area) and Takradhara (treatment with buttermilk) also help immmensely.
3. Internal Medication: It includes medication like Stambhana Dravyas (drugs to stop the flow), Vatanulomana (monitoring the balance of the airy element), Pittashamaka (looks after the balance of the pitta which plays a critical role for our digestive system) or Rakta Prasadaka (blood-soothing agents).
4. There are several Ayurvedic medicines that are available in the market to treat DUB like Chandanasava, Kanyalohadi Vati, Pushyanug Churna, Baboolarishtha, Bolparpatee, Bolbaddh Ras, etc. Reghunova Plus herbal capsules and Gynol Syrup can also be tried regularly for good results.
5. Yoga which helps in relaxation, self-fulfillment, calmness, etc., can also help treat DUB to a great extent. Asanas like Sarvangasana, Shabasana, Vakrasana, etc., also help.
6. Pranayama which includes rhythmic breathing, Anulom-Vilom Pranayama, Nadi Shodhan Pranayam, etc., also work effectively.
7. Aahar (diet) which includes iron and vitamin, particularly A, B, E and K that help in controlling bleeding and aid in blood clotting should be taken.
8. Herbs like birthroot, witch hazel, yarrow, shepherd's purse, etc., tighten our blood vessels and can be used for treating DUB.
9. The bark of Ashoka tree mixed with milk and water is another effective natural remedy for those who are suffering from this disorder.
10. The flower of the banana is another remedy for this ailment. Have cooked banana flower with some curd and it can help your case improve significantly.
The Ayurvedic procedures mentioned above are indeed of great help for those who are suffering because of DUB. Though the application of the changes in the food habits and lifestyle varies from person to person, depending on the nature of work or environment of the place of residence, following an Ayurvedic course sincerely can save you from undergoing a grueling medication prescribed by the doctors.