Anyone who has been through the agony of having a toothache knows it is one of the worst pains in the world.
Toothaches occur when the extremely sensitive central portion of your tooth becomes inflamed. The reasons could be many, ranging from cavities to oral infections to wisdom tooth infections or even infected gums.
If it's unbearable, the best thing to do would be visiting a dentist. But if the toothache has come at odd hours, when your dentist isn't available, like late nights or a holiday, here's a list of home remedies that has ways to cure toothache fast.
1) No matter how unbelievable it sounds,a clove of garlic is one the best ways to cure toothache fast. Just place it on the affected tooth. Chewing a garlic daily will also help to strengthen your tooth.
2) Putting on a drop or two of clove oil with the help of a cotton, on the hurting tooth, will ease the pain. Plus, the chances of infections reduce, as it even has some antiseptic properties.
3) One of the ways to cure toothache faster is by mixing a spoonful of salt in a glass of lukewarm water, and after swooshing it inside your mouth for sometime, spit it out.
4) Mouthwash containing alcohol will relieve you of the pain too. And if you have alcohol in the house, swooshing with whiskey, vodka or even brandy will do the trick.
5) Consuming sodas are a cause of inviting tooth decays. And if you just can't stop having it, make sure you always have it with a straw. This ways, their direct contact with your teeth can be prevented.
6) Another remedy for toothache is to moisten a cotton with a little water, and then, dip it in baking soda entirely, and then apply.
We hope these tips come handy and help to relieve you of the toothaches. Given below are some more tips on the best ways to cure toothache faster.
1) Ice packs are a great healer when it comes to toothaches. Just place it in a towel, and keep it on your cheek or chin, whichever is nearest to the aching tooth for 15 minutes.
2) Lime is another of the best ways to cure toothache fast. Just bring it to room temperature, cut a slice of it and apply on the aching tooth. Allow the juice to permeate the tooth.
3) Chewing on the fresh peppermint leaves can relieve one of the pain.
4) The tannins in tea leaves can help numb the pain. Take a used tea bag that is still warm, and place it in your mouth. Make sure, not to tear up the bag.
5) Bring a fresh cucumber to room temperature, slice it and then place it over the hurting area. This will ease the pain.
The best suggestion would be, to be cautious and to take proper precautions to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Make sure you brush twice daily, so the the food particles do not remain suspended in your teeth. Do not expose your teeth to extreme cold or hot food, as that might be too much for them to bear.
And also, do not depend on the home remedies for extended periods of time. If the pain continues to persist, it's better to check in with a dentist as soon as possible, as he'll know the best ways to cure that toothache faster.