Fibroid cysts or uterine fibroid is becoming very common problem in women now-a-days. Uterine fibroid is also known as myomas or fibroid tumors mostly occurs when there is hormonal imbalance in the body. Lower back pain, a heavy sensation in the lower abdomen, painful intercourse, irregular bowel movement and irregular menstrual cycle are a few common symptoms of uterine fibroids.
Fibroids are generally not cancerous. Studies have shown that less than 0.1 percent of fibroids are malignant or cancerous. That means that most of the fibroids are benign and they can be treated easily. There are many treatments in allopathy, homeopathy and ayurvedic medicine that are very effective in treating fibroids. Here are some home remedies that are very effective for the treatment of fibroids.
1. Castor Oil: Castor oil may help you in reducing uterine fibroids. You can warm a small amount of castor oil and apply it on your lower abdomen. After you apply the castor oil on your abdomen, cover the area with a towel and then formant with a hot water bottle or heating pads for 30-60 minutes. Repeat this process 2-3 times daily. This will be very effective to cure fibroids. However, there is a word of caution, don't apply the castor oil when you are pregnant.
2. Diet: If you are suffering from fibroid cyst then try to avoid foods that promote excessive estrogen production. Non-organic foods, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, refined carbohydrates and soy products are some foods that you should never take if you have fibroids. To overcome the problem of uterine fibroids you must ensure proper intake of cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts etc. These cruciferous vegetables contains indole-3-carbinole, that helps your liver to effectively metabolise estrogen hormone. That gives you a remedy from uterine fibroid.
3. Herbs: Fibroids generally occur with high estrogen levels. There are few herbs like dendelion, milk thistle or yellow dock which can help you to reduce fibroids. These herbs have the potential ability that helps your liver to metabolise hormones. Poke root is another herb that can help you in overcoming the uncomfortable fibroid symptoms.
4. Vitamin B and Vitamin E: Vitamin B helps your liver to metabolise estrogen. Reducing the estrogen level can give you a remedy from uterine fibroids. Vitamin E is also very effective in providing you some relief from uterine fibroids. Vitamin E can also help to normalize your estrogen levels and regulate excessive bleeding.
5. Liquorice: Liquorice has the ability to affect the adrenal glands which regulates the production of hormones in the body. Due to its hormone regulating action, liquorice has the power to dissolve ovarian cysts naturally in the body.
These are few ways that are very effective in treating fibroids. Have you tried any of them yet?