Excessive Sweating Palms And Arms
1. Causes: There may be many reasons for
sweating apart from hyperhydrosis such hypoglycemia, arthritis,
tuberculosis, metabolic dysfunction, parasites and liver related
problems. If it is due to hyperhydrosis then it may be genetically
2. Symptoms: Excessive sweating is not the only
symptom of the nerve activity but there are many more. Reddening of
skin, ears turning red and hot may also be noticed.
3. Prevention: Relaxing exercise can calm the
over anxiety behaviour. Cutting down the intake of food containing
b. Use of antiperspirants.
c. Avoiding caffeine and drugs.
4. Treatment: Cutting the sympathetic nerves
that result in stimulating sweat glands (blocking
b. Treatments like 'iontophoresis'.
c. Medication of antidepressants, antihistamines, anticholinergics and tranquilizers can treat the problem.
5. Home Remedies: Soaking hands in warm water
containing a few drops of lemon or concentrated tea concoction will
reduce sweating of arms and palms. The acids in tea has an
astringent action of the nerves.
6. Surgery: Electrolysis, liposuction and laser treatments.