Arthritis in children or Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis as it is called, is difficult to diagnose but if it is not controlled at an young age it can cause permanent joint damage. We are vaguely aware that arthritis is a disease that attacks the bone joints of the body but very few know that without treatment arthritis can cripple the victim forever. That is why it is important to know all the basic things about how to get relief from arthritis. This holds a special significance when it comes to kids who are unable to self diagnose.
How Detect Arthritis In Children?
- As stated before this is a very challenging proposition because there is no conclusive medical test for arthritis.
- It is not a viral infection that can be detected with a blood test or a tumor that can be seen in the ultrasound scan.
- The treatment of arthritis to this day depends on a process of selection and exclusion. In a layman's words you could say it is a process of trial and error but medically arthritis is about diagnosis from physical symptoms.
Symptoms Of Arthritis In Children:
- We have a tendency to believe that severe joint pain is the one and only symptom of arthritis but that is far from the truth.
- Another misconception is that this pain is a overall problem for the whole body. It is possible for rheumatoid arthritis to attack just one joint of the body at first like the knee or elbow.
- So, swelling of joints or inability to move a particular part of the body is a symptom to need to detect in children.
- Many a times we brush off symptoms of this disease by saying that the child is lazy and doesn't want to indulge in physical activity. If the child refuses to run or play then it is not normal. You have to investigate the situation medically instead of blaming the child.
- It is possible to have mild or persistent fever in some cases of arthritis in children.
- It may be common for aged people to feel cramped up after waking up in the morning but in children it is a symptom of rheumatism.
Treatment Of Arthritis In Kids:
- It is possible to have relief from arthritis if it is detected at an young age. The symptoms can be regulated and the damage controlled if you go to an experienced pediatrician.
- The most important part is to go to the a specialist because the diagnosis will determine the treatment and it is not easy to detect this disease.
- Children are usually given painkillers to control the physical discomfort and put on a schedule of physiotherapy to control joint damage due to stagnation.
- Yoga can be a big savior for children with arthritis. Many kids are leading normal lives today because they thrived on yoga.
If these health tips for children are followed arthritis can be controlled if not prevented.