There are a number of people who feel gym is simply not for them and prefer opting for other means of working out, so as to attain their desired fitness level.
Joining a health club or a good gym comes with a requirement of a pretty good amount of charge to be paid by you, and it may happen that your pocket does not allow it.
Also Read: 10 Gym Mistakes That Hinder Weight Loss
It may also be possible that you have a jam-packed everyday schedule to allow you to add even a single hour of gym or it may be something more psychological like you prefer working out at your convenience in a more independent manner.
There can be numerous reasons why you do not wish to join a gym facility; but that does not mean you have to compromise with your fitness level, and thus with your health as well.
There are a number of fitness activities that don't require gym, and some of these can even be managed even if you have an extremely busy schedule.
All you need is a little bit of determination and motivation to bring some healthy change in your everyday routine.
Remember that working out, without gym, has its own benefits, but you also require having the correct knowledge about them.
Here is a list of such activities that don't require gym to be incorporated in your daily life to stay fit and fine, have a look.
- Workout At Home: One can also opt for some at-home exercises to maintain a proper fitness regimen. Yoga, Pilates, etc, can be done at home if you have the essential know-how of it. Apart from this, you can begin with activities with gardening, mowing the lawn with a manual mower, taking you dog out for walk; or if you have a baby at home, then go get some fresh air with your child in the stroller.
- Workout At Office: Why limit being active at home? Every time you get a call in your office walk around while talking, skip the elevator and take those stairs; and if your office isn't that far, skip taking the bus or cab and choose to walk your way to being healthy.
- Take A Walk: Walking is one of the best exercises, which is absolutely inexpensive and super-healthy. Walk down to your friend's place, local shops, etc. If you wish to lose weight, make sure to walk up to 10,000 steps in a day. If you can increase the pace to running or jogging, you'll be burning a lot more calories for good.
- Swimming: Swimming is the most-loved exercise that incorporates the entire body for a full body workout involving most of the muscle groups. If you increase the intensity and pace, you can have a great workout session.
- Dancing: Dancing is more of an aerobic workout, which is loved by all kids and adults equally. It benefits and enhances your balance and coordination levels. Be it classical, zumba, hip-hop, salsa or any other form, dancing is a workout that is suitable for all.
- Badminton: Badminton works perfectly on your upper as well as lower body. It increases your stamina, reflexes, coordination, power and balance. Three sessions of badminton a week can prove to be very fruitful for your fitness regimen.