Do you often look at people with a toned physique and feel envious about it? Do you wish that you could also carry off trendy outfits without feeling self-conscious?
If yes, then we understand your plight. Lack of exercise, unhealthy lifestyles, genetic makeup, etc, can sometimes make us look unfit.
It is very important to keep yourself fit and toned, since this factor adds to your appearance and overall health.
During times where physical appearances are given a lot of credit, it is crucial to make sure that we do everything we can do to stay fit!
Fat accumulation can occur in any part of the body, making us look 'shapeless' and unfit. Sometimes, even if the rest of your body is fit, the problem areas that are flabby can ruin your entire look.
Many people struggle with arms that are quite fat or flabby, which prevents them from wearing clothes that are sleeveless or figure-hugging. Especially for women, having chubby arms can be a major issue.
There are many ways to attain toned arms right at home, if you do not have time to hit the gym. Today, let us see how we can firm up our arms with fast and effective methods!
1. Wrist Rotation
This simple exercise requires a 2-kilo dumb-bell or any other household item such as water bottles filled with water.
- Stand with the distance between your feet equal to the width of your shoulder.
- Hold a 2-kilo dumb-bell in each arm.
- Extend both hands in front and keep them firm.
- Rotate your hands upwards and inwards with a moderate
- amount of speed.
- Repeat this 30 times in a day for best results.
2. Chair Dips
This exercise helps to tone your arms by using a chair or a desk, which is about 2-feet high. It is known to be very effective in giving you toned triceps.
- Place a chair at about 3-feet distance from you.
- Stand with your back to the chair and place your hands on the chair.
- The distance between the hands should be equal to the width of your shoulder.
- Move forward and bend your knees.
- Make sure your upper body remains straight.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body as low as it can go.
- 3 sets of 20 repetitions each on a daily basis is suggested.
This common, but very effective exercise helps to tone both your arms and your upper body.
- Lie on your stomach on the floor.
- Straighten out your body, keeping your feet together.
- The distance between your arms should be more than the width of your shoulder.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body towards the ground, making sure your stomach doesn't touch the ground.
- 3 sets of 10 repetitions each is suggested on a daily basis.
4. Hand Scissors
To attain firmer arms and lose arm fat quickly, this is also another excellent exercise.
- Get in position by standing straight.
- Bring your arms in line with your shoulder and keep them straight.
- Stretch your arms to the side and move them in front of you, so they overlap like a scissor.
- Bring your arms back to the initial position and repeat.
This exercise is effective when repeated for 15 minutes in a day.
5. One-Arm Triceps
This exercise helps to burn the fat at the back portion of the arms and also tones the triceps.
- Sit on the floor and keep your legs and feet close together.
- Place your hands behind your hips.
- The distance between your hands should be equal to the width of your shoulder.
- Bend your knees with feet flat on the floor.
- Keep your arms straight and firm on the floor, raise your hips.
- Bend your left elbow, putting the weight of your body on the right arm, lower your hip to the floor.
- Make sure your body does not touch the floor.
- Now repeat the same by bending the right elbow.
- 3 sets of 10 repetitions each is suggested.
6. Counter Push-Ups
This exercise is a variation of the push-ups, and it can effectively strengthen and tone your arms. It requires a desk or a table, which acts as an elevated platform.
- Place your hands on the platform with the distance more than the width of your shoulder.
- Straighten your body and keep your legs and feet together.
- Make sure your back and shoulder are straight, let the weight of your body be on your arms.
- Bend your elbows and move towards the platform.
3 sets of 10 repetitions each is suggested.
7. Skipping Rope
This is another simple, yet fun way to lose arm fat and get those toned arms quick! All you need is a jumping rope.
- Get a jumping rope with handles.
- Stand straight, using your hands swing the rope over your head.
- When the rope is near your feet hop over it.
- Repeat these motions for at least 15 minutes every day to get toned arms.