According to health experts, being physically active boosts the body with energy which in turn helps the organs to function at a normal pace. When you are not physically active, the organs become lazy too, which is not good for your health.
In order to keep the body active, one should get involved in various form of exercises. Aerobics, brisk walking, gym training, gardening, household chores, muscle strengthening are few forms of exercises you can look into to stay physically fit and active.
Benefits of Being Active:
- People who are not physically active are at a higher risk of suffering from diseases such as heart disease and stroke.
- It reduces the risk of cancer including colon and breast cancer.It helps to maintain a healthy weight.It provides better joints and muscles health.
- Being active and physically fit reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- And, most importantly being active protects you against osteoporosis, which is a common problem faced by 8 out of 10 people who have passed the age of 50.
What Is Vigorous Intensity Aerobic Activity?
When you undergo a high level of intensity activity, your heart begins to pump up more blood, your lungs expands and the organs wake up. This form of physically activity is beneficial for young adults, as it helps to increase their lifespan. Skipping, tennis, swimming, martial arts, gymnastics, aerobics are few examples of vigorous intensity aerobic activity.
What Is Muscle strengthening?
Muscle strengthening includes lifting weights, yoga, push-ups, sit-ups and heavy gardening. Muscle strengthening helps to expand the muscles in your body, prevents minor injuries, increases metabolic rate and also aids in weight loss. If you follow any of the above mentioned muscle strengthening activities, you will be in a good shape. It is also important for you to continue muscle strengthening exercises as you grow old in order to protect your heart from diseases and attacks.
How To Know If I Am Physically Active?
- If climbing up a fleet of stairs doesn't leave you breathless, you are definitely fit.
- If your BMI rate is in accordance to your height, you are in great shape.
- If flexibility of joints isn't a problem for you, consider yourself to be physically active and fit.
According to the health department, adult men should get themselves involved in an hour's exercise, that includes aerobic training, weight lifting, brisk walking and swimming every day. Women can opt for 20 minutes stationery cycling at the gym, half an hour of treadmill, inclusive of household chores. If these forms of exercises are followed, you will not fall prey to any kind of health issues.