Have you ever noticed that you tend to put on weight during winters, and not in scorching summers? Most of the health experts believe that summer is the best time to lose weight. Many factors contribute in making this hot weather ideal for you to lose weight fast. The shocking things is, sweating is the least important of these factors. The factors mentioned here make weight loss easier during summer when compared to winters.
Is Weight Loss In Summer Easier?
1. No Water Weight: Winters are dry and thus, your body retains some amount of water to avoid dehydration. This leads to an accumulation of water weight. During summers, you sweat a lot and lose out all the water weight that you have piled during the chilled season. Moreover, you do not retain water in your body for a long duration due to sweating. This dehydrates you, so drink enough water without the fear of piling on water weight.
2. Cannot Really Hog: We tend to eat lesser in the summer season when compared to the winter. The oppressive heat slows down the metabolic rate of the body. We are usually more thirsty than hungry in summer. So, the natural intake of food is comparatively less. This makes you lose weight more faster.
3. Chilling Summer Foods: Summer foods like yogurt, vegetables and seasonal fruit juices have a cooling effect on the body. They are not exactly fattening. In the winters, we eat foods to give us extra body heat. These foods include red meat, cheese etc. that have lots of calories. But in summer, food that produce heat are avoided.
4. Fluids And Weight Loss: It is self evident that you have to drink more fluids in summer to beat the heat. This does 2 things. Firstly, fluids fill your stomach, so, you do not crave for food every now and then. As a result, you eat less and lose weight faster. Secondly, fluids flush out toxins from your system. That improves your metabolic rate and makes you healthier. It also contributes to make you lose weight in summer.
5. More Workout In The Heat: You must have heard of animals hibernating in the winter. Human beings too go into a slumber during the cold season. We are sluggish and tend to exercise little. This natural instinct works in our favour during the summers. We are more willing to exercise in the summers for weight loss. Probably getting sweaty doesn't put us off because we are hot and sticky anyway!
These weight loss tips can help you lose weight this summer. Now get that perfect shape you always craved for.