Exercising is very beneficial for a healthy body and mind. Exercise benefits you in various ways and helps you lead a healthy lifestyle. Regular workout can help you have a sound sleep. It also enables you to get up fresh the next morning as it fights fatigue. So, what time of the day you chose to exercise and which exercises you should do for a good sleep? Check out the exercises which induce sleep.
Good Time To Exercise For A Good Sleep
- For a good night sleep, you must exercise vigorously before going to bed or 3 hours before bed-time. People tend to think that a vigorous exercise regime at bed-time makes them feel very tired at night. This might not be the case because vigorous exercise before bed-time stimulates your heart, brain and muscles. This in turn ensures a good night sleep.
- Exercising helps you relive stress and lighten your mood. This induces a good night's sleep.
- Exercise during noon or late evening for sound sleep. This helps in raising your body temperature above normal few hours before bed. The temperature decreases just before you get ready to sleep. A dip in body temperature triggers your sleep and helps you in sleeping well.
Types Of Exercises For Sleep
- Cardiovascular Workout- Cardiovascular workout increases your heart rate and one should exercise for about 20 minutes to stretch muscles. Strength training, yoga and stretching are also beneficial for good sleep but, no exercise beats the benefits of a cardiovascular workout.
- Activities like jumping, jogging, walking, dancing, skipping and swimming must be included in your daily workout routine. These exercises increase oxygen supply in the blood. Practice these exercises for about 20 minutes. Do this three to four times a week for a good sleep.
- Physical activities during the day help you relive stress and refreshes your mood. Various studies suggests that exercise has a co-relation with our physical and mental feelings.
- Yoga is also very beneficial for a sound sleep. Yoga postures and breathing techniques improves blood circulation in the brain Yoga is also a stress-relieving exercise and this automatically induces sleep.
Include these simple exercises in your daily regime for a good sleep.