Keep your lips sealed because these diet secrets are coming from the horse's mouth; correct, “swan's" mouth. The slender, graceful and dangerously beautiful Black Swan had actually turned vegetarian to cool convincing for this role. The diet that Natalie Portman followed for her Oscar winning performance along with a workout regime is something of hot property considering its effects.
Here are some of the high points of Natalie Portman's diet secrets and exercise schedule for and after the success of the Black Swan.
Diet Secrets Of The Swan Queen:
1. Natalie Portman has long lost the baby fat she had as a child actor. She is on the whole a small petite girl but to be a ballerina is quite another story. She did not have to shed pounds drastically but needed to lose a few inches here and there to look like professional ballet dancer.
2. A vegan diet for Natalie Portman did the trick. She was totally off meat and fish for the period of since 2009 after reading Jonathan saffron Foer's 'Eating Animals' and also said no to eggs and milk. This special celebrity diet excluded even confectionery items like cakes and bakes that had eggs in them.
3. The secret of this diet is to replace the animal proteins with vegetable proteins. She was eating lots legumes and beans. Lentils are reported the best to pump in some extra vegan proteins.
4. Natalie Portman feels that it is brutally important to keep your iron levels in check when you are off non vegetarian food. Women in general have a tendency to be lacking in iron and that could lead to anemia and fatigue.
5. Skimmed milk and green leafy vegetables are a great source of iron when you are not eating meat. Salads made from iron rich fruits and vegetables like apple and broccoli could supplement the iron component in your diet.
6. Natalie Portman's diet did not exclude an exercise regime because you can hardly expect to get in shape with a celebrity diet without working out. But the swan prefers natural exercise to gyming. She reported ran 5 miles regularly in preparation for her role in this blockbuster movie.
7. Relaxing with power yoga was another way to prepare mentally and physically. She even walked long stretches when she was too tired to run.
Did You Know?
Natalie had initially given up on milk and eggs but she included dairy products and eggs into her diet when she got pregnant. She apparently felt that if her body craves for these she should satisfy the urge. Being vegetarian and not vegan could be a great way to lose her post pregnancy fat too!.
Lose weight fast with these exclusive diet secrets from Hollywood star Natalie Portman.