Aren't you bored of blow-dried hair for sarees? Everytime. Be it a friend's wedding or your cousin's wedding, you have to wear your hair open because honestly, what more can you do?
How many saree hairstyles you know? A bun? But you have tried that, too.
You choose the perfect saree, the perfect jewellery set and the perfect pair of shoes so why not pick the perfect hairdo that goes with your saree too?
Well, my friend, worry no more. You have landed at the right place and at the right time. We have not one... not two... but 11 hairstyles that you can try with saree this coming wedding season.
Wedding season has arrived and if you're planning to wear a saree, go for one of these gorgeous hairstyles listed below. And we promise it is just not open hair and a bun. In this piece, we offer you a variety of hairdos that you can flaunt with your saree. If you like to add flowers , we have that too. Now read on...
1. Studded Bun: Try a chic bun look and to spark it up a bit, add beautiful hair bun clips. They look absolutely stunning with bright shades sarees.
2. Side Braids: If you are bored of leaving your hair open on a saree. Accentuate your open hair with a braid. Sonam is sporting a side braid and left the rest of the hair open. Blow dry nicely and you'll definitely look beautiful.
3. The Bouffant Bun: This is a trademark Deepika Padukone bun. It has a little puff in the front. It's chic, elegant and just what you need. To amp it up a bit, add a white gajra. This goes really well on light hue sarees. And perfect hairstyle solution if you're going for a friend's wedding.
4. Mid-Parted Bun: You can also go for a mid-parted bun. It's a bit tricky since it showcases the shape of your head. Try it with smokey eye makeup and we are sure you'll nail it.
5. The Hair Puff Ponytail: If you are going for a westernised version of saree like this one, you can try this up do. It's quite edgy. It's not traditional at all . And matches your edgy saree look perfectly.
6. The Braided Bun: Go for this uber-traditional bun if you're up for a complete ethnic look. If you are bored of a gajra that covers the entire bun, go for the half gajra style like Sonam's hairdo here.
7. The Twisted Bun: Go for a slightly vintage look with twisted braids that are pinned in a bun. Only pick it if you're going for a fancy saree look. It's not for traditional print sarees.
8. The Wavy Bob: People with short bob can pull this off. Add Marilyn Monroe wavy hair locks. It will add a classy touch to your saree. Don't forget to put a cherry red lip stick.
9. The Vintage Hair: Add the twisted hair in this look but instead of making a bun, leave your hair open. It goes well with simple sarees. Add a simple pearl or oxidised silver necklace to the look, if you going with the same saree colour as Sonam's.
10. The Pleated Bun: Pleat your hair from both sides and then pin it into a bun. It is quite something if you're going for a traditional look.
11. The Maang Tikka Hair: If you don't like your open hair anymore because you wear it on almost all your saree looks then add accents to it. Amp it up with the wise use of a maang tikka or matha patti. Blow dry and there you go. Wear it on a simple saree. This hairstyle is best for a Sangeet ceremony.
12. Embellished Bun: Add lilies or roses to your braided bun. It will look gorgeous and it is a perfect hairstyle for haldi ceremony.