Aren't DIYs the best? With little tricks, you can turn anything old, not-to-be-used or can't-be-used, worn-out thing into a brand new wearable thing. If you may have noticed, we have been listing a lot of these tricks and methods lately.
Today, we are going to talk about the most used garment in our wardrobe -- jeans aka denims. What do you do with your old jeans when you buy a new one? Throw them away? Are you okay with having to spend so much on a branded jeans and after a few years just throwing it away like that?
Well, we are not. And we are not going to let you do that. If you are spending so much on jeans, you should be able to use and reuse it like several times. In this piece, we are going to list 10 super awesome and super easy ideas that you can use to reuse your old denims.
It's time to take out that pair of old jeans which you thought is never going to getused again. With these simple and classy ideas, you can turn any boring old or new jeans into classy quirky denims. So here we go...
1. Americanise You Old Jeans: Have an old faded jeans to spare? Well, try this ultimate renewing trick. Add the flags around the cuffs and it will look as fancy as ever. You can add anything you like. A spare scarf, perhaps?
2. Cute Lacework For Your Jeans/Shorts: First cut your jeans into shorts size for this trick. Then cut the sideways of the shorts you made in a triangular pattern. Get a readymade lacework or crochet-worked cloth and stitch it from insides. This will be the best for your beach parties. Now who needs to buy new shorts, eh?
3. Add A Zipper To Give A Look: If you're bored of wearing the same jeans over and over, try adding a zip to it. It looks classy and enhances the entire look.
4. Patch Work For Edgy Girls: You'll probably need two pairs of jeans for this. One for stitching panels to and one for cutting panels. Quite edgy, don't you think? Plus, it's the easiest way to recycle your denims any day.
5. Polka Dots For Chic Girls: Try something feminine and cute for your old jeans? Then try adding white polka dots using a proper stencil for the said trick. It will be fun and cute at the same time.
6. Aztec Print For The Hippie Girls: We have something for each one of you. Yes. Hippies, we have something for you too. Aztec print is also easy and fast. Flaunt it and don't forget to share it with us.
7. Embellish With Studs: Another simple and quick way to recycle your old jeans is to adds golden or silver studs at the cuffs of your jeans.
8. Colour Block Jeans: This is a rather fun thing to experiment. Only die the half of the jeans and boy, you'll make yourself a good pair of jeans.
9. Palm Trees Effect: Give a tribal effect by drawing palm trees on your jeans. It's easy and super fun to make.
10. Add Pom Poms: All you have to do is buy a lace of pompom and stitch it around the hem of your jeans. And of course, wear it with the right top.
So do you still plan to throw your old jeans away like that? We don't think so.
After all, it's the DENIMS we are talking about...
Stay tuned for more pieces on Fashion DIYs.