Today we are going to shed some light on the most ignored topic in the saree category: Saree Clutches. You have picked a saree, jewellery, shoes and even hairstyle reference picture, but what about the handbag? If you're accessorising the look, make sure you do it well.
But how? There are not many articles that talk about the importance of a saree bag. Well, you've landed at the right place.
Not many know that saree clutches are as important as shoes. They add a great value to the look and also helps you to accessorise your saree look.
In this piece, we have listed 13 gorgeous saree clutches flaunted by none other than Sonam Kapoor. When it comes to Indian fashion, you can take a great deal of suggestions from Sonam's wardrobe. Because the lady sure knows how to wear a saree right.
Sonam has sported the best looking saree clutches and we are going to share these with you over here...
1. The Embellished Potli: Go for a traditional hippie look with a quirky addition of an embellished potli. If you like offbeat ethnic attires then this is so for you.
2. The Black Clutch: This is a standard clutch which can go for any saree you wear. It's classy and stylish. This is downright the most utlra-modern clutch for plain sarees. If you're attending a cocktail party, then fancy this clutch.
3. The Glitter Clutch: Glitter is a part and parcel of Indian wardrobe. If you're attending a wedding, go for a glitter or shimmery clutch. Wear a simple shade saree like Sonam's and add this blingy bit to it.
4. The Envelope Clutch: Go boho with cotton sarees. Designers like Anavila, Gaurang Shah will teach you how to wear the cotton saree. But to amp up the look, we say, you take the tips from Sonam's cotton sarees. Here, Sonam is sporting an Anavila cotton saree with a freakishly good-looking envelope clutch.
5. The Boxy Clutch: Who doesn't like to add a bit of geometry to an ethnic outfit? Well, not many but if you look at Sonam's attire here, you'll want to. She is sporting a boxy clutch, literally a box with her sheer saree. Interesting, isn't it?
6. The Plain Potli: If you're going for a heavy print saree and heavy makeup, you need to balance the effect with a simple handbag. Like Sonam here. She has worn a printed saree and paired it with a solid white potli.
7. The Sling Clutch: You probably own one of these. And if you don't, your mother owns it. Since you have it how do you pair it properly? No worries. If you're going for a saree gown and some edgy saree pallu style, add this simple white sling bag. Because it will balance out the outfit.
8. The Black Envelope Clutch: A white boho saree with a black clutch. Not bad, Sonam. Not bad. If you're up for an unconventional saree attire, then you can add this readily available black clutch to it. Black and white is always a hit combo.
9. The Textured Clutch: Pep up your solid shade saree with a textured clutch. The trick is, if you're keeping everything else simple, then add a highlighting factor and that could be your handbag.
10. The Solid Colour Clutch: Go for a solid bright shade for the saree clutch if you're wearing bright hues. You can even go for contrasting shades. Here, Sonam has paired a bright green clutch with her yellow and green saree.
11. The Metallic Colour Clutch: Modernise the tribal look. Tribals are known for their love for oxidised silver jewellery. But why limit that only to jewellery sets? Get a boxy metallic clutch for your boho tribal look. Sonam is showing off an oxidised silver boxy clutch.
12. The Minaudiere: These never go out of vogue. You can match them with any cocktail dress or a modernised saree. Here, Sonam's look is from Cannes red carpet where she was sporting a golden miniaudiere with an Anavila saree dhoti.
13. The Vintage Clutch: These look lovely in light shades. Conditioned, you are also wearing a light colour outfit. Like, Sonam who is sporting a baby pink saree with a white vintage clutch.
So what do you think of our list of best handbags for a saree look? We won't know if you don't comment below. Also, tell us which one is your favourite.