Played by: Sonam Kapoor
Style Quotient: High-end Fashion
Designer: Pernia Qureshi, Ayesha Depala
Aisha is a terrible adaptation of Jane Austen's book Emma. Just like any other Bollywood movie, Aisha couldn't match the standards of the book and bored the hell out of its audiences. However, Aisha's wardrobe choices were not as disappointing as the story line, and most of fashion devotees might have watched it several times, just to sneak a look at those beautiful dresses and of course high-end fashion brands. All thanks to the designers of the movie: Pernia and Ayesha, who did a great job.
Even though movie had a share in adding yet another irksome story in the list of Bollywood's Pathetic Movies, the fashion quotient was pretty impressive. In fact, the wardrobe of the movie over-abused the movie's budget, which in my opinion was a good judgement and did the producers and directors some good.
Since we have talked so much about the movie's wardrobe, let's elaborate more on the clothes in the movie. So to revive your fashion muse, we have jotted down a few points from the movie's wardrobe:
1. The Clubwears: The best part about Aisha's wardrobe is the dresses. Designers have paid a lot attention to details and you can see it quite clearly. Shoes, fittings, makeup, hairstyle, everything has been neatly put together.
2. The Checkered Green Suit Dress: If most of you know aren't aware of this dress, you must know that this is not one of the designers' original ideas. Watch Clueless for further details. However, the facsimile is not that bad to look at; it's elegant, classic and chic.
In fact, it is the designer Pernia Qureshi's favourite look in the movie.
3. The Beret: I love how aptly they have used berets in the movie. It's a lovely category of hat and I think Bollywood should use it more often.
4. Veiled Hat: Let's go back to Victorian era when women used to don veiled hats and gowns.
Wardrobe managers have judiciously used the veiled hat for a polo match.
5. High-waist Pants: In the movie, Sonam Kapoor wears high waist pants with a white shirt, accessorized neatly. Bollywood has done some absurd experiments with high-waist pants but this time it has aced it, in a good way of course.
6. The Mickey Mouse Printed Tee On Black Shorts: Can you imagine this combo? Well, just so you know, or, if you haven't seen the movie; the designers have done a pretty good job with it.
7. Wide-legged Shorts: Bored with same formals? The pants, suit, trousers, shirts? Why not wear a wide-legged shorts? Here Aisha teaches us a valuable fashion lesson: Anything can be turned into an office outfit.
Inspired? Did we wake your fashion muse? If yes, do leave the comments below.